Getting Started in the Insurance World

I have just moved and feel this is the right time for a change. I am very interested in the insurance industry, more specifically medicare supplemental and long term care. I am trying to decide what the best option for me is. I do not have my license or any training, sales or otherwise. I am just north of Atlanta if that helps. I know that there is a lot of talk about Bankers and the like not being great but wondering if this is a good way to go in order to get training. I am open to any options. Thanks in advance!

"I do not have my license or any training, sales or otherwise."

It's critical you get training and a guaranteed salary. A larger company may be the temporary solution.

Bedrosian Insurance Services
Atlanta, Ga.
Service Since 1954

I have just moved and feel this is the right time for a change. I am very interested in the insurance industry, more specifically medicare supplemental and long term care. I am trying to decide what the best option for me is. I do not have my license or any training, sales or otherwise. I am just north of Atlanta if that helps. I know that there is a lot of talk about Bankers and the like not being great but wondering if this is a good way to go in order to get training. I am open to any options. Thanks in advance!

Yes - Go captive with a branch where the manager knows what he's doing.

Yes - Go captive with a branch where the manager knows what he's doing.
This is where I went wrong, I relied too heavily on the brand name as being good when I should have been basing my decision on does the manager know what he is doing. Be sure to interview with several companies and don't be afraid to ask the tough questions.

"I do not have my license or any training, sales or otherwise."

It's critical you get training and a guaranteed salary. A larger company may be the temporary solution.

Bedrosian Insurance Services
Atlanta, Ga.
Service Since 1954

I agree with Chumps.

Horner Insurance Services
Atlanta, GA
Service Since 1957

Back