Good Opportunity ???

Oklahoma (How's the Tornado's treating you)?

I thought we had the wacko's here, but after visiting a friend in Tulsa, i don't know. She's an attorney with state; turns out there's lots of inbred s there. Lots of them ending up in Child services and medicare services (sadly).

But, i on the plus side, hear they sell a lot of med.sups. Goodie for you!

LET us know your next piece of Brilliant advice.

You're funny.

I'm not sure why you got upset with my advice, I don't see how owning a condo there could hurt..in fact I actually think it would help! You could even get your buddy appointed and you split business! You want more practical advice? You wont find any of this from a quick search on the forum, so I'll try to be very thorough.

After reviewing your statement, you said people there like mapd plans, so I would suggest offering mapd plans to the people in the community. You could also offer hospital indemnity plans, cancer indemnity plans, DVH plans (that stands for dental, vision, & hearing), short term care plans (UNL and GTL have good options), long term care plans (MOO has a good plan, that stands for mutual of omaha), final expense plans, annuities (fixed, MYGA, fixed-indexed), you could also team up with a trust attorney, and offer trusts and wills, you could also offer medicare supplement plans (also called medigap). If I think of some more I'll mention them later.

By the way, we do have the best tornadoes here. The biggest, most beautiful tornadoes! I like to drink beer and watch them from the lawn chair. Our wackos are always going to better than your wackos, we are the best, you are not the best. Very sad.

Last edited:
I know a couple of guys that work retirement homes AS ONE SEGMENT of their marketing. Getting in took a lot of time and networking. You can bet you are not the first agent to think this place is a pot of gold.

And you won't be the last either.

Once you get in, IF you get in, don't expect everything to be a lay down.

One of the agents spends a lot of time at a ritzy high rise. Buy in for residents runs $200k to $500k and monthly fees start @ $3000 for a 1 BR 700 sq ft apartment. He also invests about $30k/yr sponsoring events, conducting educational meetings, etc.

If you want to play in that market you better have game.

You're funny.

I'm not sure why you got upset with my advice, I don't see how owning a condo there could hurt..in fact I actually think it would help! You could even get your buddy appointed and you split business! You want more practical advice? You wont find any of this from a quick search on the forum, so I'll try to be very thorough.

After reviewing your statement, you said people there like mapd plans, so I would suggest offering mapd plans to the people in the community. You could also offer hospital indemnity plans, cancer indemnity plans, DVH plans (that stands for dental, vision, & hearing), short term care plans (UNL and GTL have good options), long term care plans (MOO has a good plan, that stands for mutual of omaha), final expense plans, annuities (fixed, MYGA, fixed-indexed), you could also team up with a trust attorney, and offer trusts and wills, you could also offer medicare supplement plans (also called medigap). If I think of some more I'll mention them later.

By the way, we do have the best tornadoes here. The biggest, most beautiful tornadoes! I like to drink beer and watch them from the lawn chair. Our wackos are always going to better than your wackos, we are the best, you are not the best. Very sad.

I was fine until you offered 'hang a MEDICARE sign on your door...'

NOW THAT'S FUNNY....
:D

Last edited:
I know a couple of guys that work retirement homes AS ONE SEGMENT of their marketing. Getting in took a lot of time and networking. You can bet you are not the first agent to think this place is a pot of gold.

And you won't be the last either.

Once you get in, IF you get in, don't expect everything to be a lay down.

One of the agents spends a lot of time at a ritzy high rise. Buy in for residents runs $200k to $500k and monthly fees start @ $3000 for a 1 BR 700 sq ft apartment. He also invests about $30k/yr sponsoring events, conducting educational meetings, etc.

If you want to play in that market you better have game.

Bob...you didn't tell me you had Friends in High Places. Sounds like some Condo on Palm Beach Island (too rich for my blood).

LIKE I SAID, the average age seems to be 70 to low 70, ppl who are set in their ways and don't like change. I would classify this bunch as POOR elderly (fixed income, etc).

Not sure how difficult it would be to change them to another plan...if possible at all???

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(hope all is well in GA)

Last edited:
Bob...you didn't tell me you had Friends in High Places. Sounds like some Condo on Palm Beach Island (too rich for my blood).

LIKE I SAID, the average age seems to be 70 to low 70, ppl who are set in their ways and don't like change. I would classify this bunch as POOR elderly (fixed income, etc).

Not sure how difficult it would be to change them to another plan...if possible at all???

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(hope all is well in GA)
try hosting Bingo nights monthly. If you're lucky overtime you will build a rapport and cash in during AEP

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(hope all is well in GA)
Honestly, they are not set in their ways, you have to change your mindset. Some are set in their ways, but can still be turned, and others are not as set as you may think. When I got into the senior insurance market I was 23 and easily influenced, and everybody I know kept telling me "seniors dont like change, they are set in their ways." Well, it turns out they were all wrong, and I took a little delight every time I influenced a senior and they chose to make a change. Just run the numbers, talk to enough people, and you'll find some that will change. Capture their imaginations. Walk through the condo and ask random people "hey you wanna buy some insurance?" they'll either so "no" or they'll say "what kind" if they say the latter, then you have a foot in the door, so keep going. You can also use medicare to get a convo going, then pivot to another insurance.

When I said a shingle/sign with the word medicare on it, I meant like "medicare supplement insurance blah blah blah" I wasnt implying you say Medicare Certified Adviser, or something like that. I suppose I could have been more clear. Best of luck.

Mike, I don't know how long you have been working the SR market, but these folks generally don't make changes without a lot of thought. They need to trust you and like you. Dollars and cents will move a few but mostly it is a matter of trust.

I make a few sales each year on the first contact. Maybe 8 - 10 or so. But most take a few weeks or months . . . even the referrals.

Back