Guaranteed Health Plan

And who would they shut down? Just the plan? IRG? AIM? AMLI? GTL? Cross America? Me? Everyone involved?

The DOI has regulatory authority but lacks judicial capacity. When these things start to crash and burn is when the AG get's involved.

This might be enjoyable reading.

What about all of the people that are on it?

They lose like everyone else who bought this kind of garbage.

I'm sure that part of it (although not all) is that healthagent has a financial interest in promoting ICan.

Ergo, criticism of AIM.

I'd love nothing more than to recommend AIM to agents who are looking for a mini med - matters not to be in the least. Let's get a complaint brochure for a step in the right direction.

And I have a financial interest in promoting Ican? Wow - tell me more about that - you have my interest.

And I have a financial interest in promoting Ican? Wow - tell me more about that - you have my interest.

Nothing wrong with it as long as it's transparent.

You've been critical of AIM in the past, but it seems it's got a lot more energy since your involvement with ICan came along.

Don't you have a webinar on your association website about ICan? I don't expect you work for nothing?

They pay to fly you down to Boca? That is financial interest in promoting Ican...

I get nothing from Ican - and if you look at my AIM posts before I started the association I'm sure you'll see that my opinion hasn't changed.

And I don't work for nothing. I get dues. I just locked down $400 E&O with CNA - think CNA gives me a red cent? No. Norvax? Not a nickel.

So what's the point? The more deals I offer members the more attractive membership gets - so that's my incentive.

Does that mean I can affiliate with anyone? No - if I hook up with a company that doesn't live up to agent's standards I hear the complaints - then I have to make a change.

Last edited:
I like name recognition, so I use CCU, underwritten by Companion Life, (a member of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of SC Group). They use the First Health network, not Beech Street so you can actually find the client's doctors and hospitals and they have been consistently working to improve the product over the last few years.

Do you have a sample policy or brochure you can send me? I'm not familiar with CCU.

-J.R.

Directly from your link..."MEWAs are sometimes (not always) unlicensed, illegal entities that sell coverage to small businesses and self-employed individuals."

Here's more on it (it's quite dense): Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements under ERISA...A Guide to Federal and State Regulation

AIM is not an illegal MEWA. It's not cheap enough!

Just to let you gentlemen know, I'm grateful to have received the information you've all given, regardless of intent. I've spoken to many brokers over the years and it's good to hear the general consensus and differing opinions and perspectives in an open forum.

I'm going to continue to market it to brokers, after I get a few more answers to certain questions out of the way, and I'm going to continue to sell it when it's the only plan available.

In the meantime, feel free to contact me if it ever crosses your path again and you have a question or concern about it.

I think the plans offer a false benefit. Instead of paying $50,000 to a hospital for a surgery, the bill might be reduced to $30,000. Either way, the patient is screwed into thinking they really have a benefit.

What I'd love to see is a plan for uninsurables at a zero cost (or close to it) which just puts them into a PPO network. No other benefits. They would know what they are getting. No false promises but simply a reduced cost for services.

Will it keep them solvent if there was a major claim? Of course not. But it would help lower their cost for routine and preventative care. Maybe enough to catch something early enough to keep them out of the hospital.

Rick

Latest posts

Back