Guaranteed Issue- Which Carrier Pays a Decent Amount?

I use Mutual of Omaha for GI usually. 18% first year, 11% 2-6. You might also try UHC for underwritten if they have had their part B less than 3 years, not GI but pretty darn close.

when you speak of GI for med sups, are you just talking about the normal times such as T65 thru 6 mos and if they lose other coverage like a MA plan or group?

when you speak of GI for med sups, are you just talking about the normal times such as T65 thru 6 mos and if they lose other coverage like a MA plan or group?

No. GI is like when they lose group or leave MA in the first year or plan leaves the area. Aging in is not the same as GI. If they are limited to Plan F or Plan B then it's reduced commissions. If they age in they can choose any plan with no health screening. But they don't include that as the same as GI.

Im Am a little confused about this one," leave MA in the first year"

I have used this more then a few times, I was always under the impression if they purchased a new supp not the one they were originally enrolled in it would not be GI.I have not had an issue getting paid full commission till I wrote an AARP plan. AARP paid me half commission. I thought that was just AARP being AARP.

Is this supposed to be GI for sure?

You have to put them back on plan they came from in the 1st 12 months if still available. A lot of times Mutual has changed to one of their other companies so it is no longer available and you can put them on any carrier but will still only get G.I. commissions.

You have to put them back on plan they came from in the 1st 12 months if still available. A lot of times Mutual has changed to one of their other companies so it is no longer available and you can put them on any carrier but will still only get G.I. commissions.

That's what I thought, Guess AARP looks at it differently. Had perfectly health woman she was in trial period, her previous supp was still available but she was stuck on her friends saying AARP is so great she wanted F

AARP paid half of their already low commissions in ILL, They would not hear it to them it is GI

But I know I had been paid full with other carriers,Just AARP thing I guess

That's what I thought, Guess AARP looks at it differently. Had perfectly health woman she was in trial period, her previous supp was still available but she was stuck on her friends saying AARP is so great she wanted F AARP paid half of their already low commissions in ILL, They would not hear it to them it is GI But I know I had been paid full with other carriers,Just AARP thing I guess

Couldn't you just have had the app fully written?

Agree with Chazm. I would have suggested an underwritten app. More choices. Full commission.

I didn't choose to have GI nor did I even think possible, They went on replacment reason for dropping MA was Trial period, But We answered the med question and put no for GI questions

I never imagined it to be GI untill I got paid

----------

When I called they just said its GI case closed the discussion closed

Back