Guidance for New Life Agents

How did I miss this OUTSTANDING thread started by the incomparable @DHK ? What was I doing 10 years ago that was so consuming and I never saw this?

Oh, yeah.

I was scrambling to make (another) business model shift because Obamacare was signed into legislation and I knew I had (at best) 4 years to create and test an entirely new (for me) market.

How to Win Sales & Increase Profits by Jim Ruta

This book is at the TOP of my recommended reading list from now on! There are lots of great classic books (John Savage "High Touch Selling", Ben Feldman "The Feldman Method", and Frank Bettger "How I went from Failure to Success in Selling")... but THIS book TOPS THEM ALL!

Why does it top them all?
1) It's only 101 pages, but it's PACKED with hard hitting paragraphs on Jim's beliefs, tactics, mindset, and philosophy behind success in this business.

2) It's modern and current. The other books I mentioned... were last written in the 90's. Things have changed since then and Jim addresses much of them - such as the perceived conflicts of interest of commissions vs the "holier than thou" position of fee-based practitioners (my words, not his).

3) He brings the REALITY to various parts of our business. Such as the fact that referrals will NEVER be automatic. But you can create processes to help make it comfortable and top of mind.

You need this book in your library... and you can't get it on Amazon. If you're in the United States, allow a couple of weeks for international shipping, but you need this book in your library.

Here's the link to order:
https://www.jimruta.com/product/how-to-win-sales-and-increase-profits/

Here's Jim's own video promoting his book:

We had a GREAT and well-attended event with Thomas Love and John Ocwieja, CLU, ChFC, RICP, AEP (top producer with MassMutual and one of the founders of Wealth Building Cornerstones) discussing life insurance, methodology, and the economics of these contracts.

You can view it on my YouTube channel here. I will continue to update the video description with links to the books and other resources as I re-review the video.

I was only able to be on for part of it. I was on when John Ocwieja was speaking. He was really informative and had a LOT of things that where worth listening to. I hope to hear him speak again soon.

Reactions: DHK
Back