Happy Labor Day, Quick Question about Carrier background checks

Enter the Race

Super Genius
Hello happy labor day.

I am new to the business in the sense that I have never sold a policy, but I have an understanding of how the independent side and contracts work.

When you get contracted by a Carrier, what do they check in your background. I ask because I have a blemish in my background, and not the best credit score. So was curious how it will effect getting contracted, to the point that I wonder if I should bother trying. Just don't want to waste a IMO's time, or my time when I could just find a different occupation in sales.

Thanks

Gotta disclosure it all and let them decide. A lot of stuff is not an issue some of it will require your up line to intervene on your behalf and some stuff will prevent you from getting contracted with some companies.

Hello happy labor day.

I am new to the business in the sense that I have never sold a policy, but I have an understanding of how the independent side and contracts work.

When you get contracted by a Carrier, what do they check in your background. I ask because I have a blemish in my background, and not the best credit score. So was curious how it will effect getting contracted, to the point that I wonder if I should bother trying. Just don't want to waste a IMO's time, or my time when I could just find a different occupation in sales.

Thanks

As long as blemish isn't financial or major and you aren't on probation / parole - you should be okay with most Carriers. If your State will give you a license - you are cool in most cases.

Credit Score only matters for advances in most cases - but, that is mostly up to the IMO.

There are several awesome IMO's on this forum.

I love it when the recruit leads off with, do you think my bankruptcy will mater?

I love it when they freak out after their decline for a carrier but didn’t bother to tell you they had an issue coming.

Hello happy labor day.

Thanks

Three main things that might keep a company from contracting you. A Vector One hit (Insurance reporting agency), a tax lien, or a felony. Some companies could seem to care less about anything though.

You'll probably be okay as you will eventually find carriers that will take you.

Back