$4,707 AP falls off the next day...

yeah I tell them it’s a “forever kind of bill” and it really only makes sense if they can comfortably afford it and then we have a conversation about price before I show numbers and close. I never got any objections with any of these deals, just showed 3 numbers and basically asked which one they wanna do.

Not sure about y’all’s closing techniques but I typically focus on finding a genuine need and write a policy that makes sense for the client and not so much on closing. Its pretty rare that I show numbers and don’t close, but I never have to handle objections like crazy and push to close. When I was much newer to the biz I was trained to do the whole FFL bs of “I’m an UW, not a salesman and we’re just getting you qualified”, lived in chargeback city after a few months of doing that, never again lol.

Not a life agent (yet), but never getting any objections isn't necessarily a good sign. It can mean people aren't comfortable voicing their concerns to you, which means you don't get the opportunity to address them. Those rise to the surface as soon as you leave.

Not a life agent (yet), but never getting any objections isn't necessarily a good sign. It can mean people aren't comfortable voicing their concerns to you, which means you don't get the opportunity to address them. Those rise to the surface as soon as you leave.

Yes and no.

I rarely get objections. Mainly because my presentation is designed to address or remove objections before I get them.

No one is really good at overcoming objections.

Many agents are good at addressing the excuses that sound like objections.

But I only present to interested people. So it goes back to the start. No why, no buy!

If I did present to uninterested people I’m sure I would get more objections.

It’s very rare that I don’t make a sale after a presentation.

It’s not rare that I leave a home without doing a presentation.

You must always remember, "a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

Last edited:
yeah I tell them it’s a “forever kind of bill” and it really only makes sense if they can comfortably afford it and then we have a conversation about price before I show numbers and close. I never got any objections with any of these deals, just showed 3 numbers and basically asked which one they wanna do.

Not sure about y’all’s closing techniques but I typically focus on finding a genuine need and write a policy that makes sense for the client and not so much on closing. Its pretty rare that I show numbers and don’t close, but I never have to handle objections like crazy and push to close. When I was much newer to the biz I was trained to do the whole FFL bs of “I’m an UW, not a salesman and we’re just getting you qualified”, lived in chargeback city after a few months of doing that, never again lol.

Yeah it sounds like you're coming from the right place. Must have gotten unlucky with those three. Continue on, then form an analysis. I’d highly recommend keeping track of each sit, and document what the result was (can be in excel or whatever) so you can find trends see what your averages are. Good luck

Yeah it sounds like you're coming from the right place. Must have gotten unlucky with those three. Continue on, then form an analysis. I’d highly recommend keeping track of each sit, and document what the result was (can be in excel or whatever) so you can find trends see what your averages are. Good luck

Who gives a shit about trends and averages?

The minutia of a spread sheet is a quick path to another career.

The only people I've ever seen doing those spreadsheets are overthinkers. That's a waste of time

You're getting a lot of advice from folks who don't sell final expense. And some folks that don't even sell life insurance at all.

Noah & Jdeasy have give you good advice. Others, take their advice with a grain of salt.

Who gives a shit about trends and averages?

The minutia of a spread sheet is a quick path to another career.

Yes, definitely dont use KPIs to help your business. Its not like every successful business doesn't use them. Carry on.

You're getting a lot of advice from folks who don't sell final expense. And some folks that don't even sell life insurance at all.

Noah & Jdeasy have give you good advice. Others, take their advice with a grain of salt.

Interesting how you know exactly who sells what, on a forum with complete strangers. Go ahead tell me, what do I sell?

Back