Hello! I have a disability insurance policy that is "own occupation." My employer is currently allowing me to avoid the part of my job that is problematic (heavy lifting, which has been causing severe back pain). However, at some point they will understandably need me to resume that part of the job. My hope is that physical therapy will improve my symptoms and I can resume my usual job duties, so I am reluctant to apply for DI benefits now. Additionally, if I wait until Jan 1st, if I do ultimately need disability benefits, it will be calculated based on a higher salary. However, if I wait, I am worried the DI company will say "You haven't been doing any heavy lifting in 8 months, so it is not part of your occupation, and we won't pay." So, safe to wait? Or should I apply now just in case? Thank you!!