Health and Life Direct job offer

Yanks23

I just got offered a job with a health insurance company called health and life direct. I would basically be on the phone 10 hours a day selling health insurance which i actually dont mind. This guy said i should sell atleast 2 a day and if i do so i could be making well over 100K after my first year. This seems to good to be true if you ask me and they seem kinda shady to being that their website wont even work. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this companies reputation and if i could actually make the money this guy said i could.

Would the plans be underwritten by Golden Rule?

If I could sell 2 applications every day, I would have retired long ago.

$300 premium x 20% = $60 commission.
8 month advance = $480 x 2 = $960 per DAY.
5 day week = $960 x 5 = $4,800 per week.
Assuming an 80% taken rate = $3,840 per week.
50 weeks work = $192,000 p.a.

If I was writing for American Republic (32% contract)....
you can see where I am going.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

Expat -

Perhaps if you called 50 per hour for 8 hours you would sell 2 a day.

Telemarketing is tough. Most will burn out in a few weeks.

I just got off the phone with a Health & Life Direct salesperson and I wouldn't believe anything they tell you now.
I was looking for health insurance on the net and while I was still on searching premiums I got several calls, most of them also rude, but the Health Direct lady at first seemed very helpful. Then suddenly she tried to pressure me into signing up for a plan and when I said I wanted to think it over she got very irrate and excited because I had said I wanted a plan "immediately" which she took as "immediately" this minute. Not my meaning. I do shop around and think things over before I jump in.
She went on with this big spiel about why I didn't need to talk things over with my husband, and alot of other crap and then when I said no, I don't want to be recorded and talk to the "closer" she hung up on me.

Now that kind of makes you wonder what kind of an outfit that this.

I never want to hear from them again or many other in that business, like Priority Health (who also rudely hung up on me).

I doubt you could make $100,000 a year doing that, just more lies.
These salespeople in the health insurance business seem very uptight, nasty and desperate for some reason. Perhaps they see universal health care coverage coming and are trying very desperately to squeeze every last buck they can out of people.

Ever wonder why there are so many different premiums and insurance companies out there?

If I was selling two policies a day, I would be spending my evenings diving into my Scrooge McDuck-esque Money Room.

If I was straight cold-calling ten hours a day, I would be hanging from the rafters over that same room.

I just got off the phone with a Health & Life Direct salesperson and I wouldn't believe anything they tell you now.
I doubt you could make $100,000 a year doing that, just more lies.
These salespeople in the health insurance business seem very uptight, nasty and desperate for some reason. Perhaps they see universal health care coverage coming and are trying very desperately to squeeze every last buck they can out of people.

Ever wonder why there are so many different premiums and insurance companies out there?

I think many agents on this board hear your pain about the way some agencies try to sell insurance. But I've never wondered why there were so many insurance companies and different premium or coverage options like I never wondered why everyone didn't drive a stripped down Ford Taurus...:1confused:

Cars+health insurance plans

Some analogy. I wouldn't compare a health plan to buying a car or a box of cereal. At least I can test drive a car and taste the cereal.
With health insurance you never know what you are getting until you've got the policy and read the fine print.

Back