Health and Life Direct job offer

These salespeople in the health insurance business seem very uptight, nasty and desperate for some reason. Perhaps they see universal health care coverage coming and are trying very desperately to squeeze every last buck they can out of people.

Ever wonder why there are so many different premiums and insurance companies out there?

You had a bad experience with a handful of agents. That is sad, but it is also indicative of what can happen once you put your name out there as a potential customer.

There are good agents, including some who are purchasing the same leads as HBD.

Finding those agents, or allowing them to find you, is the challenge.

For some, the prospect of universal health care (which is a misnomer) is a threat to their meager incomes (not anywhere near $100k). But for those who have been around the system for a while, and have seen the best and worst of it, they know that in spite of what many see as a failed system is better than anything elsewhere.

Those who think socialized medicine in other countries is perfect don't know what they are talking about. Rationing exists in every system.

Every one.

And the overall standard of care cannot be compared to what we have here. Like it or not, you will not find another system that would allow a single mom with 6 kids have 6 more embryo's implanted just because she loved being a mom.

There are many other examples as well, but that was poignant.

I have two regrets about your encounter.

One is that you apparently did not find a quality agent and had to endure abuse. It seems your opinion of the industry, and those who represent it is now tainted.

The other is that it would appear you did not find a plan that suits your needs and budget.

We have some very good and qualified agents on this site who work the NC market. Perhaps you will allow one of them to assist.

These salespeople in the health insurance business seem very uptight, nasty and desperate for some reason. Perhaps they see universal health care coverage coming and are trying very desperately to squeeze every last buck they can out of people.

I really hope your wrong about universal health insurance. The health insurance commissions aren't my concern. I can still sell life, auto, home, commercial, etc.

But, I can't afford to pay more taxes and carry more free-riders on my back than I already do. Make no mistake, you'll end up paying more for that than you do regular health insurance today.

Have you ever seen a government program with effective expense controls?

These guys are notorious around the neighborhood for acting like complete idiots.

They get drunk during lunch and sexually harass customers and employees alike at restaurants that they frequent.

If their "work" is any way indicative of how they act when they're out, I wouldn't trust a single cent with these guys.
:no:

have you seen what the new Govner is proposing in NY, taxing health insurance? It's crazy!

I really hope your wrong about universal health insurance. The health insurance commissions aren't my concern. I can still sell life, auto, home, commercial, etc.

But, I can't afford to pay more taxes and carry more free-riders on my back than I already do. Make no mistake, you'll end up paying more for that than you do regular health insurance today.

Have you ever seen a government program with effective expense controls?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been browsing the net for local jobs being a recent college grad and all. Don't necesarily want to dive into grad school, but make some quick cash to repay my student loans, buy a car, and all that good stuff.

I came across an ad for this company and I called the guy and we set up an interview promptly the next day. The office building was really nice, but the guy who interviewed me did not ask me ANY questions. He just pitched the company to me and made it sound all glamorous and what not (you can make up to 60K a year while working 4 days a week!)

Anyway I went to the orientation and it didn't seem the like the same guy curating us sheep to the nice gentlemen who gave me the interview. Starting off he said the pay is 7.50 UNTIL you pay 500 dollars to take some Life and Health Insurance Exam (not to mention the cost of the book - another 150).

I'm just mad I didn't find these boards sooner or else I wouldn't have wasted 2 days of my life!

Back