Health Benefits Direct...BEWARE!

Indiana,

"I do n ot see a problem with them saying there is a limited enrollment. Technically there is. They are going to be uninsurabel at some point in there life."

Are you f___ing kidding me?

This outfit CT Insure Guy is referring to is LYING to people plain and simple and frankly I'm surpised you're not bothered by it. Outfits like them could be the death of what we do at some point. Creating a sense of urgency so worried customers can scramble back to them to get conned into a bad health plan is highly disturbing.
:nah:

Sharks like HBD will always be around. If the consumer falls for it then they are probably too stupid to be a client of yours any way.

As long as they skirt the law the DOI will not do anything about them.

As long as they produce business the carriers will not do anything about them.

Carriers love volume producers and will do everything they can to keep them around.

You just have to learn how to deal with them.

I think you were put here to annoy the world. :chatterbox:
Quite possibly, but it won't matter because there is a "limited enrollment period" for applications to Clown College and I am sure he wants to get it in as soon as possible, thus being out of our lives. If not, I am sure Mid West National PFL Life Mega Life United American NASE AFS UGA will be glad to hire him as a regional Director.

I would have to say, that the idea of marketing "Urgency" isn't all that bad in and of itself. I really don't know of many marketing schemes that don't dance around the truth to one degree or another.

Telling someone "you could be one doctor visit away from being uninsurable" or "today, you are healthy and insurable - tomorrow you may not be" creates a sense of urgency.

Telling someone "This carrier will only accept one more application in your state , after that, your out of luck" also creates a sense of urgency.

Which one do you think the DOI would have a problem with?

There has always been, and there will always be, unethical agents. BE ETHICAL ANYWAY.

Last edited:
I do not say anything unethical. Seems like some people are just whining about losing business to an unethical place. Maybe you guys should listen to a few more sales tapes or something to overcome those unethical whores. I was not backing HBD, I was just saying how I see nothing wrong with creating a sense of urgency. As long as it is truthful. DUH! Maybe if you created some urgency you would get more sales. How else do you close deals. I get about 4 a month that are just waitng to sign up, for the others, I create a sense of urgency. If I didn't then they would never sign up.
Yes, I do agree with you. I was put here to annoy the world. Thats why It is my signature.

I did work for UA at onetime when I was new to insurance, 5 years ago. I lasted there for 6 months and then quit the insurance business and went to work in a factory. I could not sell UA plans because I did not believe in them. I didn't think I could sell insuracne because everyone else in the office was doing very well. About 6 months into the factory work I decided to get back into insurance. I wanted to be independent then but got sucked in to working for Senior Solutions. Which taught me alot so I was happy to go that route. I was top salesman in that office. I was tired of seeing clowns get management positions so I went to Senior Benefits. I recieved alot higher commission and leads. I was top Agent in that office too. IT was great for about a year and a half but now I want to be independent because I believe I could o my clients a better service and make more money. I have never once been accused of being unethical. I do not believe I have ever posted an intro before so there it is. By the way I will be 28 next month. I beleive that is another reason why I failed at UA. I was only 23 and I looked 17.

I think it would be pretty stupid for me to go work for a Mega or UA or any of the other offers you told me as that would be going backwards in my career. So maybe you and your friends should go get your spot in CLown school before the seats are all taken.

Back