Health Benefits Direct...BEWARE!

SAI - I don't see anything that you have stated that would be considered unethical. In your line of business (senior market), there usually is a limited amount of time for them to enroll (MA,MAPD, etc). They really do need to act fast. As for the other senior products like supplemental's and such, I imagine that their age/health play an important part in wanting to get an app in asap (before they die!). I don't think that those type of issues are what was initially being addressed.

I think that the original post was addressing the ethical issue of a flat out lie or seriously misleading the client about who was representing them. I don't question your integrity when it comes to those points.

My interpretation of your statements was just that you think it is okay to create a sense of urgency. That is fair. I do not think that you give any endorsement to the unethical practices being used by HBD.

Factory work sucks - been there, done that too.

Everytime I think of giving up on insurance I just think about the factory work and that keeps me pretty motivated. It is dreadful to have to punch a time clock anywhere and stay in the same spot for 8 hours a day.

Thanks

After spending so much time discussing this fairly simple topic (either be ethical/honest or don't be...not rocket science) I find that I have developed a sense of urgency involving the lower half of body and some Charmin Ultra...good day.

LOL

SAI,
Neither myself nor anyone else on the board said you were unethical so there's no need to defend yourself or explain your insurance background, though I'm not surprised to find out you're young. My issue was why you didn't think pitching fake enrollment limits was a problem.

With the political climate as it is, all unethical behavior in our industry of individual health insurance fuels the fire to change things as we know it. Will it happen, not likely. However, unethical marketing operations (and there's a lot of them) make our situation all the more tenuous. I'm not completely certain that we will all be in business in our current capacity after 2009. Eventually, the public rebels from being conned. Look what's happening to Mega in Massachussets. Many people in this country feel that what we do for a living in general is part of a larger industry-wide con. HBD makes us all look bad and exacerbates the situation in terms of helping build momentum toward more government intervention into health care coverage. Greedy and unethical sales people only hurt our industry in the big picture.

Ethical behavior by health insurance agents is more than just a choice of business pracice, it helps to preserve individual health as we know it and continue to give people health care choice and access through the private sector.

LOL Ethical behavior by health insurance agents is more than just a choice of business pracice, it helps to preserve individual health as we know it and continue to give people health care choice and access through the private sector.

Yeah, what he said!

SAI,
.....My issue was why you didn't think pitching fake enrollment limits was a problem.

.....Greedy and unethical sales people only hurt our industry in the big picture.

Ethical behavior by health insurance agents is more than just a choice of business practice, it helps to preserve individual health as we know it and continue to give people health care choice and access through the private sector.

Well said. Excellent. This post should be required reading for all new agents no matter what line of coverage they sell.

al

Back