Health Benefits Direct...BEWARE!

al3 was kind enough to say that my post from yesterday at 2:26 PM, which touched on ethics, should be required reading for new agents.

SAI said "why?"

SAI (and maybe others too) seems to have an anything goes attitude as long as its within the law and technically fair play. My argument is that this attitude is damaging to all and missing the big picture of what's at stake within the individual health industry.

SAI (and maybe others too) seems to have an anything goes attitude as long as its within the law and technically fair play. My argument is that this attitude is damaging to all and missing the big picture of what's at stake within the individual health industry.
I completely disagree with you on the comment of ethics. Creating a sense of urgency is correct. I don't know one insurance agent that hasn't told a health or life applicant that he or she should get the application into the company because underwriting can take up to six weeks. Does this not create a sense of urgency?

SAI did not say anything close to "anything goes." He was not defending creating any false urgency, nor suggesting that anyone do anything either illegal or unethical.

There may be organizations that do what you say is happening. I have no doubt that there are phone banks, on-line services, etc. who's job is the equivalent of "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" but I don't think you can point to anything SAI said that would give you that impression.

I've posted many times on the subject of ethics. I bend over backwards (when my back allows) to make sure I treat my clients just as I would treat my mother. But I would tell my mother that if she wants to buy a policy, the offer is only good while her health allows it. That means there is a time limit.

Rick

Last edited:
My posts were never meant to be a bash-fest of SAI.

I was simply surprised that he didn't think lying about limited enrollment in a state was a problem. My spout about ethics was toward HBD (the original subject of this thread) and not SAI.

When he responded to al3 with "why?" it does give me the impression that he and I look at things quite differently in terms of how we conduct business. I never said he's unethical. My beef was with the subject of the thread.

This thread is pointless. I thought we had this figured out 3 days ago.

My feeling is that you, SAI, feel in the grand scheme of things that YOU are actually pointless, hence the goal to annoy others. While I suppose having a goal is a good thing, why not set a goal like making more appointments professionally and ethically(key to the job...lol!) and maybe shaving your back? These are solid, immediate goals I feel would best suit you.

Have a sparkling day!

My feeling is that you, SAI, feel in the grand scheme of things that YOU are actually pointless, hence the goal to annoy others. While I suppose having a goal is a good thing, why not set a goal like making more appointments professionally and ethically(key to the job...lol!) and maybe shaving your back? These are solid, immediate goals I feel would best suit you.

Have a sparkling day!
Jesus! I thought that I was abrasive.:shocked:

Rick

Have a sparkling day!

Well then. What makes you think I have a hairy back? Not all of us evolved from apes like your mother:D. (that was a good one SAI)

What makes you think that I am not professional and ethical when I make appointments?

My explanation on the sense of urgency was not to set the appointment(which I try to make them sense the urgency for that also...(I know, I am a crook for that too))(Like the double parentheses?) but rather to close the deal. Maybe you should not make personal attacks for nothing. Some posters might actually cry about it. :D
</IMG></IMG>

Latest posts

Back