Health Benefits Direct...BEWARE!

If you heard something different I suggest you refer to a different thread where John P. has good words for AHCP.

I have never heard any information that there is any kind of relationship with HBD, but AHCP does endorse Insurint. I am unaware of any lawsuit unless it affects me as I can quit Insurint and AHCP anytime and still keep my renewals.

Man, you got your shorts in a bunch. I can't figure out what all the fuss is about...why so sensitive?

"John P. has good words for AHCP."

Well, that's certainly impressive. Do I have to remind you that John P. also has suggested/approved sources and vendors that have been run off of here blowing themselves up by lying and deceiving, and another that took a biz into BK and stiffed a lot of vendors. A good guy to give your credit card number to?

Lawsuit? What lawsuit are you referring to?

Is there some other issue that's got you so worked up?

John P. aka "Crabcake Johnny" is my hero. I think he drinks Mona Vie. The Brazilian acai berry gives him super powers to sell insurance and recruit newbies for the association! He'll be moving out of that condo soon!

I have never heard any information that there is any kind of relationship with HBD, but AHCP does endorse Insurint. I am unaware of any lawsuit unless it affects me as I can quit Insurint and AHCP anytime and still keep my renewals.

Hmmm...

AHCP and Insurint seem to want people to believe that AHCP either "endorses" or is just a "customer" of Insurint software. Yet, it seems that, to use Insurint you must then write that business through AHCP. Sort of like accepting Benefitmall for your GA for group or Benefitport SW as your GA for individual. So, the "endorsement" or "customer" thing seems to be an attempt to distract independent agents from the intertwined relationship between HBD/Insurint/AHCP, and the AHCP GA trojan horse behind Insurint.
:nah:
- Joe

With this subscription-based Web service, you’ll get groundbreaking,
battle-tested technology. From large contact
centers to individual agents, Insurint is revolutionizing the
way insurance is brought to the market. One of the nation’s
leading contact center-based insurance agencies, Health
Benefits Direct Corporation, has already submitted over​
100 million dollars​
in annualized premium using Insurint.
Access Plans USA, Inc.’s America’s Health Care/Rx Plan
Agency, Inc. (AHCP) has entered into an exclusive relationship
to begin using Insurint to maintain its leadership in
technology and sales efficiency.

Our new relationship with Insurint
Corporation brings tremendous opportunities
to our organization.... Insurint is the next
generation of premier marketing tools and
represents AHCP’s continued commitment to
innovation.​
-- Ian R. Stuart, President and CEO of Access Plans

This was taking of off a brochure on AHCP's website

Marc -

Use a different source and you get this:

One of the nation’s leading contact center-based insurance agencies, Health Benefits Direct Corporation, has already submitted almost 40,000 applications totaling over 120 million dollars in annualized premium using Insurint.

Insurint Quick Start Guide

AHCP powered by Insurint

Health Benefits Direct Corporation (OTCBB:HBDT) and Access Plans USA, Inc. (Nasdaq:AUSA) today announced a two-year agreement between their respective subsidiaries, Insurint Corporation and America's Health Care/Rx Plan Agency, Inc. ("AHCP"). Under this agreement, Insurint Corporation will make available its software-as-a-service (SaaS) Insurint quoting technology platform to AHCP agents who enroll in the program.

Insurint Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Health Benefits Direct
Corporation, a leading technology innovator in the direct marketing and
distribution of a wide range of health and life insurance and related products for individuals and families. AHCP, a subsidiary of Access Plans, is one of the nation's leading independent health insurance agencies. AHCP's agent network submitted $65,000,000 in new annualized major medical premium in 2007.

source

It sounds like HBD is like having Walmart move in next to your mom and pop store. Personally, after a couple of years with individual health, I've decided to work the senior market, especially after having actually worked at HBD corp hq. I didn't want to work there and I didn't feel like trying to compete.

It appears to me their struggle is with Salaries and Commissions primarily? I would think marketing would be he largest chunk, but maybe I am reading incorrectly.

I saw in the posting link that lapsation was a big problem with their major carrier due to significant rate increases. The agency I go through for Golden Rule just shut down because of excess termination and a high debit balance, a situation that has been building for the last year and a half. GR wouldn't give them any more money, period. That would mean submitting business without any income. They refused to discuss the matter.

The way the economy is going, I can see why there are a lot of lapses. I noticed it on my GR site and they never notified me. One third down the tube and I am a very careful salesman.
:cool:

Back