Health Benefits Direct...BEWARE!

SAI:

I've seen you like this before. I know it's past noon in your area, but a few cold ones just might be the answer.

There always has to be some sense of urgancy or the client thinks they can just do it at any old time, when they get around to it. Letting them know that they are health today but who knows about the future. I would also use the example of the lady who did sign up and then had the heart attach.

We are providing them information, whether they want to hear it or believe it is up to them. Keep doing waht you are comfortable with. If you are in this business for the right reasons, your heart will direct you. If you are in the business for the wrong reasons....Mega will direct you.

Hairy mail is funny. can't wait to use it.

Prospects usually procrastinate....the death knell for most agents. You never know if they're still shopping with someone else, mistrust you, or don't have the money right now.

In my insurance history, I've had new clients die between the time I took an app and came to deliver the policy. And then the ones who say" call me back in 2-3 months....after we get back from vacation" You call back and find out they had an accident, or now a new diagnosis and uninsurable. Better to use that 30-day look over period as a close, and yes, these stories create an URGENCY.

The Stock is trading at .71

Net loss 14 mil in 2007.

Revenue is increasing, but so are expenses.

It is only a 4 yr old company.

Looks like they are getting into the comparative rater market with a product called Insurint.

They're just a chopshop call center. They pay their agents $8 an hr and really crappy commission. If you offer some bozo a $350/week sundae guaranteed, and some "sprinkles", he'll make just enough to pay his bills and play a little bit.

Brilliant if you ask me. I do hate the motherf**#$@# though, absolute slimeballs.

The Stock is trading at .71

Net loss 14 mil in 2007.

Revenue is increasing, but so are expenses.

It is only a 4 yr old company.

Looks like they are getting into the comparative rater market with a product called Insurint.

Shaky, very shaky.

Closed their NYC call-center to try to save money. Just got a 5 million capital infusion, but had to totally give up control to get it. Balance sheet very thin - no more room for capital infusions! Three CEOs in a little over a year.

Insurint ain't no big deal. The over/under is 8 months. I've got the under...

I did a search on here but found no specific thread related to these guys... Has anyone dealt with these clowns, Health Benefits Direct?

I have had several clients stolen by them. Sometimes we get close to a sale, but the customer needs to do one thing (get their credit card from the dresser or spouse, etc). We tell them we will call back in 5 minutes, they're ready to buy. Then when we talk to them again, the customer is all surprised. "I just GAVE you my credit card..."
It turns out HBD called right after we hung up, and the customer said "sorry, I'm working with Joe Agent (not my real agency name)." HBD says "of course, WE WORK WITH JOE- he had to run out, and told me to call you to get your credit card and to verify other information." The customer then gives them all the work we did including plan selection, etc, and the credit card info, and we are shut out.
When we call carriers about this, they pretend to be mad... but nothing changes, nothing happens.
HBD and boiler rooms like them just give us ALL a bad name in my opinion.

And now AHCP and Insurint, all rolled together into a big fat ball of **** (you fill in the blank). I wouldnt touch any of that with a 50 foot pole.

- Joe

I have had several clients stolen by them. Sometimes we get close to a sale, but the customer needs to do one thing (get their credit card from the dresser or spouse, etc). We tell them we will call back in 5 minutes, they're ready to buy. Then when we talk to them again, the customer is all surprised. "I just GAVE you my credit card..."

Color me simple, but the obvious question is this: why not just hang on while they get their credit card?

Back