Health insurance doubled !

insurance5511

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
ga
Client called me today and has and HSA with a $7200 ded family of 4 paying $891....Now It's going up to guess what..$1598!!!!
I called as a regular client and the answer was "well things go up every year sir"...WOW!!!
I have no idea what to say to him as he doesn't qualify for a subsidy....They have some pre exist nothing major but I cant set him up with any stm...I think these people are SOL correct??

If they are a s-corp and file a schedule K, they might create a one man group plan. That's what you have to do in NC. I think qualifications vary from state to state for group. I am not a group guy. A one or two (husband/wife - both employees) person group might be a way.

My grandfathered hsa10k plan was $697/month this year, in Jan. it goes to $2,062/month. Our one carrier finally closed all the gf plans. Even my group options will start at $1,350/month. Not a lot of options here.

Ah the good ole days when I was paying $316/month for the hsa10k plan....way back in 2012.

If they are a s-corp and file a schedule K, they might create a one man group plan. That's what you have to do in NC. I think qualifications vary from state to state for group. I am not a group guy. A one or two (husband/wife - both employees) person group might be a way.

My grandfathered hsa10k plan was $697/month this year, in Jan. it goes to $2,062/month. Our one carrier finally closed all the gf plans. Even my group options will start at $1,350/month. Not a lot of options here.

Ah the good ole days when I was paying $316/month for the hsa10k plan....way back in 2012.
back in 2012 i had an IFP h.s.a. for $150/m with 100% 3K OOP plan. times have changed.
the response from the carrier is just a customer service rep's standardized response. the carriers don't care and they're trying to replace us and have been for years. when the ACA hit, I was thinking maybe they just keep us kind of like auto insurance agents but no, medical carriers are squeezing us out entirely thinking they can do it without us. the front-end service work sure but the consumers have issues going forward and lack the terminology to deal with the ever changing market in general. i've personally seen an uptick in claim's issues geared to networks/contracting, where the consumer really doesn't know how to sort through these matters and is left with the customer service reps "just doing their job".

Client called me today and has and HSA with a $7200 ded family of 4 paying $891....Now It's going up to guess what..$1598!!!!
I called as a regular client and the answer was "well things go up every year sir"...WOW!!!
I have no idea what to say to him as he doesn't qualify for a subsidy....They have some pre exist nothing major but I cant set him up with any stm...I think these people are SOL correct??
Try an alternative healthcare plan.

those wont work for most people with pre exist, and if covered only a certain amount after a year...those plans I wont offer as I they are only good for health people, not if you have an illness

those wont work for most people with pre exist, and if covered only a certain amount after a year...those plans I wont offer as I they are only good for health people, not if you have an illness
Contact the companies to find out what they can offer the potential client .You can also call me at 912-621-3186 I will see what I can do to help.

Alternative plans that place limits on how much they will pay for specific procedures, or how much they will pay for each day in the hospital are like playing with fire. Very dangerous.

Some coverage is better than no coverage at all. At least, you can see a doctor and get basic healthcare to help prevent a future illness.There are many families that are using these plans because they can not afford traditional insurance. You have to actually "read the alternative health care plan'' to find out what is covered and what is not covered. Traditional insurance companies also place limits on how much they will pay for a specific procedure. Every client is different. Also, traditional insurance companies have caps on how long someone can stay in the hospital. This is why we have so many outpatient centers, because insurance companies do not want pay for you to stay in a hospital bed.

Back