Health insurance doubled !

Does your E&O cover plans that might (or might not) cover pre-ex after one year? What about pre-ex claims that occur in the first 12 months of the policy?
I contacted my GA (Dickerson) about Aliera ;last week thinking it might be an option for some people who can't afford an overpriced Bronze plan. They sent me a link to the Aliera contracting site.

Very early in the online contracting they ask you to prove you have or to purchase from them what they call "non-insurance E&O". Your insurance E&O does not cover any claims made against you for Aliera so in order to sell it you have to pony up a couple hundred bucks to buy their coverage. I stopped at that point and closed the link.

spoke with client today, they are in Florida...they are going with bcbs hmo bronze $976 a month ...I dont have any other options...horrible

Some coverage is better than no coverage at all. At least, you can see a doctor and get basic healthcare to help prevent a future illness.There are many families that are using these plans because they can not afford traditional insurance. You have to actually "read the alternative health care plan'' to find out what is covered and what is not covered. Traditional insurance companies also place limits on how much they will pay for a specific procedure. Every client is different. Also, traditional insurance companies have caps on how long someone can stay in the hospital. This is why we have so many outpatient centers, because insurance companies do not want pay for you to stay in a hospital bed.

All of the scheduled benefits plans that I've seen have ridiculously low limits. That is why I say you're playing with fire if you offer them.

For example, $20,000 for surgery. What is the potential for a surgery to surpass that $20,000 limit?

Back