Health insurance doubled !

Why are they using the word "premium" for a non-insurance product?

20% seems low to me. At least Obamacare allows 25% for claim reserves.

There is a lag between when claims are incurred and when they are paid. The reserve is established to cover incurred but not (yet) paid claims for example if the group were to move to another carrier causing new premium to drop to $0.

Reserves are usually established in the 1st year which will really only have 9 months of incurred and paid claims. Reserves are adjusted up or down in subsequent years depending on next year's estimate.

Its an outside "approved" firm that does the audit and the letters are issued annually. But beyond that, no clue.

But the plans are still crapola....

I looked into this and here is what I found.

It is not an "approved" accounting firm. CMS has no approval process for this. It can be any public accounting firm that is certified to operate in that state.

The audit only has to be made public if a member of the public has requested it. (I just might request the audits of all of them)

CMS only reviews the requirements required for membership to the Sharing Ministry and if those requirements exempt the members from the Individual Penalty. That is the ONLY thing they review or "approve" about these plans; the exception to the Individual Requirement.

Per CMS, they do not review the audits.

Last edited:
Good work Tyler.

As I suspected there is no real oversight at the federal or state level. The only dept that would have jurisdiction is the state AG.

Good work Tyler.

As I suspected there is no real oversight at the federal or state level. The only dept that would have jurisdiction is the state AG.

By then it is much too late. Depending on how bad it went, someone is going to jail and it probably won't actually be the ringleader.

Epic fail:

So my friend could lease a Rolls-Royce for less than a gold-level BlueCross family PPO policy. And those Rolls-Royce lease payments would be the same for three years, while that gold-level policy would likely be 25 percent more for 2019.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/09...charges-luxury-premiums-economy-health-plans/

For example, the world-famous, Houston-based M.D. Anderson Cancer Center explains on its website: “For 2017, MD Anderson and our physicians are not included as a ‘Participating Provider’ for any ‘Individual’ insurance plans on or off the marketplace in Texas (i.e., ACA plans).”

Epic fail:

So my friend could lease a Rolls-Royce for less than a gold-level BlueCross family PPO policy. And those Rolls-Royce lease payments would be the same for three years, while that gold-level policy would likely be 25 percent more for 2019.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/09...charges-luxury-premiums-economy-health-plans/

For example, the world-famous, Houston-based M.D. Anderson Cancer Center explains on its website: “For 2017, MD Anderson and our physicians are not included as a ‘Participating Provider’ for any ‘Individual’ insurance plans on or off the marketplace in Texas (i.e., ACA plans).”
Pathetic and Sad...

If you are looking at Rolls Royces then you also pay someone enough to manipulate the AGI so you have free health insurance ;)

So my friend could lease a Rolls-Royce for less than a gold-level BlueCross family PPO policy.

Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi had 93 Rolls.

attachment-image-8b51e806-53b6-4dd0-be0e-74bca0cba6f6.jpg

Back