Health insurance for Crohn's disease

Unfortunately the diagnoses reversal probably wouldn't matter. Just dealt with a client who got "mis-diagnosed" with diabetes 2 years ago - doctor put her on meds and the meds made her sick. She went back to the doctor and turns out she's not diabetic at all - something messed up with the testing.

Tried her with two companies, both pulled records, both declined. In both cases she remitted a doctor's note stating that she was never diabetic - didn't matter - declined. Had to put her with MHIP.

I think this one has a good chance. She has never had any meds, treatments or anything let alone surgery. She has never had Crohns.

Without getting too graffic her symptoms were slight bleeding and a severe pain in the ass. The stupid Doc writes down Crohn's Disease. She recently had a 2nd "flare up" 7-years later. New Doc says "Hell that isn't Crohns! That's just hemoroids.

So far it's been the most expensive hemoroid in history.

You just have to protect her in case of a claims review. If that word "Crohn's" is in her medical records, as in that *** doctor actually wrote in her records that she does have it, she'll have a very rough road during a claims review.

You just have to protect her in case of a claims review. If that word "Crohn's" is in her medical records, as in that *** doctor actually wrote in her records that she does have it, she'll have a very rough road during a claims review.

I don't know who you're gonna put this through, but I'd pick up the phone and speak with an underwriter.

Thanks for the advice. I am a complete newby in health insurance (hence the name "Newby".)

My plan is this: We are getting her a colonoscopy next week. We and her doctor believe that will show everything to be normal. We can prove that she has never had any treatments or medicines for Crohns. She has never had any symptoms for Crohns except the ones that turned out to be the hemoroids (my wife would love to know that I'm discussing her hemoroids with everybody.) She only has those problems when she trains for strenuous events. She runs mini-marathons and trains pretty hard...or at least it looks hard from my view from the couch.

I'm going to be completely upfront and honest on the application and include all the info. I will call underwriting as you suggested.

I would think we would be good to go if she is accepted. Do you agree?

I'll tell ya what - give me a call today at 410-874-7241 and give me the details - I'll call an underwriter for you and find out exactly what the story is and what you'd need to do. Having her get a colonoscopy "could" be a mistake.

Back