"Health Insurance Isn't All It's Cracked Up to Be"

Golddoor said:
Unicare doesn't ask that question on their apps. And I don't understand why being a pilot is an issue? You go down in a plane there are no med bills, Just a life insurance claim!

Good point. I can understand a bull rider, but the pilot thing doesn't make much sense.

So if someone wanted to get on an individual plan they would to be a straight arrow? Nothing besides get up, go to work, come home, watch TV, go to bed. Thats really sad because people who are active and participate in sports are healthier and live longer than those who follow the insurance companies way. Yea they may break a bone or get a cut here and there, but people whom are inactive have the serious med bills that come with being out of shape and siting around watching TV and eating popcorn. I dont have room to list all the problems that come with that!!

I agree with you. I think some health companies don't anticipate having some people on their book for a long time. I'm not saying all of them do business that way, but some will price people off the books if the claims start getting too high.

Golddoor said:
Golddoor said:
Unicare doesn't ask that question on their apps.

ouuuuuuu.....look whos quoting Uniscare........welcome to the dark side.....

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

dude im not kidding....for years I have had to over come all the BS that doctors ,other agents, and things that friends had told them to sell this company.....and to prove it have had it on my family for over eight years and still have the lowest prem. on the market and bills are all paid........so don't feel bad who knows what is to come but I can not afford not to sell iit....

Yea from what I see and hear UniCare is top notch. I have been going B to B at a lot of Doctors offices and get allot of compliments about UniCare when I mention them. Nothing but complaints about Assurant and Aetna. I have spoke to several Docs that refuse to accept either one of those carriers from their patients.

I don't understand why being a pilot is an issue? You go down in a plane there are no med bills, Just a life insurance claim!

You must have missed the news report about the plane that took off from a short runway in KY a few weeks back.

48 dead.

1 survivor. The co-pilot.

It was in all the papers . . .

Golddoor said:
Yea from what I see and hear UniCare is top notch. I have been going B to B at a lot of Doctors offices and get allot of compliments about UniCare when I mention them. Nothing but complaints about Assurant and Aetna. I have spoke to several Docs that refuse to accept either one of those carriers from their patients.

You would add that UniCare is top notch "in your state" since Unicare only writes business in selected states - mine not being one of them.

somarco said:
I don't understand why being a pilot is an issue? You go down in a plane there are no med bills, Just a life insurance claim!

You must have missed the news report about the plane that took off from a short runway in KY a few weeks back.

48 dead.

1 survivor. The co-pilot.

It was in all the papers . . .

Yea but how many are injured in auto accidents? Lets have a question on the apps that ask do you currently or in previous time ever driven a motorized vehicle while attempting to go from point A to point B? Automatic decline :?

Can't speak for Aetna, but for four years now I have seen Assurant/Time/Fortis handle claims (including one for $380,000) fairly, promptly and efficiently.

I'm down on them for other reasons, but claims ain't one of 'em!

Back