Health Insurance Quote Engines......Why

mikelnix

Expert
I've got a dilemma; I am currently with Quotit for my health insurance quote engine and I am debating whether or not to keep it. Is it worth keeping or just using health companies individual websites for free? I am spending more money than I'm making with it, but if I can see a valid reason to keep it, than I will.

And while I'm asking, does anyone know why health insurance quote companies charge much more than life? I think both are rip offs, but at least the life engine companies are not raping me as badly!

I've got a dilemma; I am currently with Quotit for my health insurance quote engine and I am debating whether or not to keep it. Is it worth keeping or just using health companies individual websites for free? I am spending more money than I'm making with it, but if I can see a valid reason to keep it, than I will.

And while I'm asking, does anyone know why health insurance quote companies charge much more than life? I think both are rip offs, but at least the life engine companies are not raping me as badly!

the only reason to have one is to have a website and develop your own leads.....if that is not happening then just use ehealthinsurance....

the only reason to have one is to have a website and develop your own leads.....if that is not happening then just use ehealthinsurance....

That is why I purchased it...for lead development. Its only been 3 months, so maybe I am not giving it enough time to develop.

That is why I purchased it...for lead development. Its only been 3 months, so maybe I am not giving it enough time to develop.

You should be seeing some action to it over three months. Are you driving traffic to your site? If you aren't getting action from it because you aren't getting traffic to your site and you aren't doing anything to drive traffic to your site, you're just going to keep getting the same results.

just because you have a website with quotes does not mean you are landing on page one for anyone given buying search term.....what have you been doing for your site in the last 3 months to develop leads....

I looked at your site Mike. Try writing original relevant articles about every week. I won't get into the SEO aspect of it since it's too hard to explain. But you can easily learn the basics.

Understand your target market an go for it.

Let's see looking at a couple of my health sites today, they are getting about a 25% conversion ratio, exaample 20 organic search visitors turned into 5 completed leads.

so you need to work on getting organic traffic, u do that by building links.

Some people pull (SEO), other people push people to their website. I still use Norvax for:

1. To re-quote my current clients each year in nice format
2. To send quotes to referrals in multiple states.
3. To refer people to run their own quotes on my sites
4. To not have to re-log in birthdates, zip codes, tobacco, email, height/weight every year
5. For auto responder follow up email for the few leads I do buy. I always get someone clicking on the 20th email a year later that ends up paying for the service.
6. Some use it as their CRM for notes on clients.
7. Oh yeah, and some people do find me doing searches

A website needs a ton of attention. You can't just build and they will come.

A website site is only one marketing stream. You have to develop other marketing avenues to obtain clients.

I just started doing articles and videos. I've mostly been using social sites & sending newsletters to my customer base, and and optimizing for keywords. I was going to try and create a landing page solely for health.

Back