Help Mark Rosenthal Beat MS

Well we pay $300/mo for ins now. Will go up to $1000/mo for comparable coverage when my wife stops working.

It all boils down to math. Individual plans have to eat all the risk without any underwriting so adverse selection is now the norm. With a group plan sometimes the risk pool is much healthier which means lower rates; has nothing to do with the size of the pool intrinsically, it has to do with having lots of healthy people subsidizing unhealthy.

It all boils down to math. With a group plan sometimes the risk pool is much healthier which means lower rates; has nothing to do with the size of the pool intrinsically, it has to do with having lots of healthy people subsidizing unhealthy.

Are agents healthier than the general pop?

could a group of independent insurance agents that belong to a group like the insurance forum or some independent organization, get together to have better rates for health insurance?

If you earn slightly above the poverty level I hear you can get health insurance for practically nothing.

Dayton, did Sti give you permission to post that image?

If you earn slightly above the poverty level I hear you can get health insurance for practically nothing. Dayton, did Sti give you permission to post that image?

Well that might work for SAI...

did Sti give you permission to post that image?

tumblr_inline_nlenl1Fddq1rbra2d.gif

Quick update. We have at minimum 6 new donations from the forum in less than 24 hours... possibly 8, and not counting mine last night.

Lets keep this going.

Per the other thread I just read in the General Insurance section of the forum, it's taking a long time to get to $60,000. Medical inflation goes up faster than the donations are coming in. Why doesn't his family do a big fundraiser event. Politicians do it all the time for just bullchit stuff. Mark's need is far more substantive than votes.

Back