Help Shopping for Insurance

I see you are from the great state of texas.... if you are looking for individual dental insurance in my state you have two choices that will cover you request... slim and none, and slim is with his girlfriend in mexico.

your options are discount plans that MAY pay 50%... i would say 0% as that dentist wont be in the network.

there are no QUALITY stand alone dental INSURANCE plans in texas for the individual market.

Two different sentences. Two different thoughts.

1) True dental plans (including DHMO) usually don't cover adult ortho.

2) Discount dental plans (which are not real dental) will usually cover adult ortho but then there is no risk transfer.

Ah, I understand - thanks for clarifying for me. I'm not the quickest bulb in the fork drawer.

On an aside, I always love it when a prospect basically says "I'd like to make an insurance claim, where can I buy the insurance so it will get paid?" Nothing against our new friend Katrina, but that is adverse selection at it's finest!

Well, I need dental coverage anyway - so why not shoot for something that would help cover some of the cost for my braces.

I think it is detestable that the insurance industry in the great country doesn't offer a 1 day dental policy(one day premium) that covers any and all existing conditions immediately!
Surely Ohama and Nancy Pelosi will address this travesty in the coming session of Congress.

Dayton, did I talk to you earlier today? Looking for FULL COVERAGE for your wife that had an ER admission for gallstones a few months ago and looking for a policy that would pay for her surgery if needed? He was pissed that she got sick during the 2 months they went without coverage and he had to pay $2k for her ER treatment.

Not pissed at her. Pissed that the "greatest country in the world refuses to take care of the sick".

Yeah, my heart bleeds for him . . .

I cringe when I get a telephone call from someone shopping for dental coverage. This telephone call usually goes downhill the minute I answer the phone.

Back