Help W/ SIAA and Smartchoice Calculations

Honestly besides Geico there is no really competitive auto market in NY ... I've seeing some good #'s with Mercury and NY central in the past weeks.. but again direct writers will take over in the near future... Time to prepare for a different market ... or focus on sub-standard auto market- still a lot money to make with that...

Geico will write anything.
I would love to write for Mercury and NY central but it is tough to get direct appoitment when you are new.

Just want to know if you guys are willing to help me create a spreadsheet to see which is the better choice by numbers.

From what i gathered so far

SIAA - 9500 down, 10% commission to siaa, 25% of book belongs to siaa if you sell, 10 year commitment, 15% on new business, 12.5% on renewals.

Smartchoice - 0 down, 30% commission to Smart(capped at 15k/50k), 2x buy out if you leave, no "term" commitment, 15% on new business, 12.5% on renewals.

Please help me with whatever i left out. Thanks

i will be posting the spreadsheet if this is okay and help others decide which is better for their agency based on their plan.
I am a new agent and want to be an independent agent. what's good wholesaler for personal line in NY 5 boro? please let me know. I want to focus on my business on life and health first. thanks.

Back