. . . help with Health Insurance

Thankfully I still get to keep my pre ACA Florida blue plan.
$250 deductible, 10% co-ins and a $2500moop. Premium? $266 month.

This shows how much cheaper it can be again if they just ask Health questions.

I repeat.....and people wonder why trump is pres and Obamacare is still at top of election talking points. It's not because it went well.

Back in 2009 - we had Golden Rule . . . I thought then that $500 a month was a lot. Boy - was I wrong . . .

mcmillan4.jpg

Brother 2/17/1974 - smoker - heart attack 6 years ago - nothing since or current

Wife 9/7/1972 - smoker - only issue is Thyroid.

They want health insurance and can't qualify for ObamaCare . . .

Thoughts?
There are STM plans and LMM (Limited Major Medical) plans they could get. They wouldn't cover pre-existing conditions, but could be quite helpful until they get an ACA plan for 2019.

Are they in Georgia? I'm licensed there. Perhaps I could be of assistance.

Since the mandate and STM duration limits are going away in 2019, we will see STM plans get the healthy people by making them more like underwritten major medical was before ACA. ACA plans will be come the high risk pools that were available before ACA.

The people who will get the screw put to them next year (and beyond) will be the people who are too sick to leave the ACA, but make too much for a subsidy. Their rates will skyrocket.

Those who get a subsidy will not feel much of a change because the subsidy will grow to keep the costs a certain % of their income. The low income better hope a new carrier doesn't show up and take over the second lowest cost silver plan (controls the subsidy calculation).

All this and still no one has addressed the elephant in the room for healthcare costs...change your d**mn lifestyle and live healthier so you don't need so much healthcare. (Stepping down from my soapbox...)

There are STM plans and LMM (Limited Major Medical) plans they could get. They wouldn't cover pre-existing conditions, but could be quite helpful until they get an ACA plan for 2019.

Are they in Georgia? I'm licensed there. Perhaps I could be of assistance.

Florida. St Pete area.

Back