Here's my Break Up Email To Client..Too Much?

I don't think this would have been my wordtrack but the spirit is right. Its bold! In reality, if the referral partner is with it you might wind up even closer to them because of it. Would be more dangerous, but you did some great CYA with the date and action sections. I think the only problem is it comes across a little loose cannon, but you are dealing with one as well so tough call. If you have outside signage I'd keep check on it as it is most likely headed towards being vandalized.

Great therapeutically to write. Not great professionally to send. No upside, tons of potential downside. Good luck either way.

So much truth in this. Ins1822 lacks professionalism on so many levels. Just wait for the childish insults & pm's to come your way after this statement.

Good job Heather in getting rid of your problem customers.

I'm with you in spirit. I don't sell P&C but I need my assistants. Once jumped through hoops to get funds overnighted to customer and FedEx screwed up and delivered it to the neighbors. Granted he had a right to be upset. I got the issue resolved and let him know we would do everything in our power to take him up on his threat to leave us and where should we transfer the remaining funds to?

It's hard not to send these emails, but just not worth it. I stopped reinstating policies that canceled for nonpayment about 3 years and didn't even notice because of the time it freed up. What I found is that if I saved it once it would just happen again and I would eventually lose the account anyway. I stopped wasting time on accounts like this and focused the time on new business. Think of the time you have already wasted on this account.

The customer is always right BS has got to stop. This guy is a BULLY & a vile piece of $hit. He berated my CSR to the point that she was visibly shaken. I will not tolerate this treatment of my own staff especially considering he knows he's talking to a young girl. What kind of BULLY does that? It's my agency, I'm independent & this is how I handle scum bag bullies.

Unprofessional? Maybe. Everybody is not entitled to professionalism & I decided to take off the professional hat at this point in this particular extreme situation. We have gone above & beyond for this guy & listened to his crap for months now. I've shut my mouth & stayed professional every single time.

Eventually, a bully needs to get punched in the mouth. For those of you who want to blindly adhere to professionalism regardless of the situation..I'll suggest that your kid will be the one who the bully will spit in their face non stop...slap them in the face & who knows what else.

But hey..you're kid stayed "the bigger person" right?

Myself..Well I would be the kid that did everything I could to avoid confrontation but I would have to draw the line at a point & fight fire w/ fire. This man is a complete waste of life & I do hope he gets aids.

The customer is always right BS has got to stop. This guy is a BULLY & a vile piece of $hit. He berated my CSR to the point that she was visibly shaken. I will not tolerate this treatment of my own staff especially considering he knows he's talking to a young girl. What kind of BULLY does that? It's my agency, I'm independent & this is how I handle scum bag bullies. Unprofessional? Maybe. Everybody is not entitled to professionalism & I decided to take off the professional hat at this point in this particular extreme situation. We have gone above & beyond for this guy & listened to his crap for months now. I've shut my mouth & stayed professional every single time. Eventually, a bully needs to get punched in the mouth. For those of you who want to blindly adhere to professionalism regardless of the situation..I'll suggest that your kid will be the one who the bully will spit in their face non stop...slap them in the face & who knows what else. But hey..you're kid stayed "the bigger person" right? Myself..Well I would be the kid that did everything I could to avoid confrontation but I would have to draw the line at a point & fight fire w/ fire. This man is a complete waste of life & I do hope he gets aids.

Why did you ask the forum if your response was too much?

I don't disagree with the sentiment, by the way, only that there is no upside to it, only downside.

I wouldn't put anything like that in writing LOL!
Clients like that have time and energy to go to the insurance dept and complain and its not worth it.
I also don't reinstate non-pays, ever. I try to avoid rush jobs (unless its referral from a CIO), because their problem is not my problem.
When jerk clients leave I think of it as trimming the tree to grow better fruit- b/c 20% of your book will take up 80% of your time and they're not the ones you want anyways.....
You can always give them the minimum service award and they will leave on their own. Sometimes I just say- hey if you are expecting a call everyone month about paying you bill, we are not a good fit for you. Go back to your captive agent.

Anyway, I understand some people suck. You just need a fire a client email and script-There are some good ones online.
Don't get yourself in hot water, its not worth it. I don't know how the ins dept is there but NY is a beotch and everyone can complain about anything.... and its not worth the headache.

Italianik is correct on this one.

Ins1822, I like the passion, but, Italianik hit it right on all fronts.

Passion can burn you, even as an Independent entrepreneur. Take some advice from the corporate side. Bridle that passion just a smidgen.

Clients like that have time and energy to go to the insurance dept and complain and its not worth it.- SO TRUE!

Back