High HDL

I am unaware of research on problems with low ratios. Why would this give an insurance company pause?

I'm not aware of anything either, but that is really low. Not sure you should get standard on it.

I never found ING that hard to work with, slow but not hard. Your agent should have called and got a better answer if at all possible or at least had it sent to you. There probably is more to this than has been told so far.

I have asked my agent to contact the underwriter again to confirm that this was the only reason for the classification.

I have asked my agent to contact the underwriter again to confirm that this was the only reason for the classification.

Be prepared that the underwriter might not tell him. If it is because of information that wasn't on the application, he won't tell the agent. The agent can request they mail it to you.

Be prepared that the underwriter might not tell him. If it is because of information that wasn't on the application, he won't tell the agent. The agent can request they mail it to you.

I can't imagine what that information would be, but I will ask him to do that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for the info Rick.

Last edited:
Both parents are alive and well and closing in on 70.

I am glad to hear you say that there must be something else here because that is my feeling as well.

I would like to contact you directly but am unable to do so without 20 posts.

Send me your email and phone number to [email protected]

Thanks,

Lee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ditto, He (agent) should also request the labs and have the client get his free MIB.

Last edited:
Time out. While the number is high for most ranges. I'd be curious to know why this makes you standard. There needs to be some push back on this, and it may turn out ING is not the company for you.

For those who are interested in how this is playing out:

After I insisted that there was no medical founding for ING's classification, my agent did push back. Yesterday morning he informed me that "senior underwriters" at ING had reviewed my file and reclassified me as "Preferred Plus". My new rates on the plan will save me $7,000 on the plan over 25 years.

While I am pleased with the end outcome, this seemed very bush league to me and I am not pleased with the agent or ING. I am now in communication with WinoBlues and plan to use him for my future life insurance needs.

My case was straightforward: since my total cholesterol was very good (183) it was totally illogical for me to be penalized for having a lot of HDL relative to LDL. A more interesting case would emerge if somebody had high total cholesterol because they have too much HDL. This makes me think that total cholesterol is a flawed measure.

Just an FYI.

He did ask if there was a way for me to get the credit ($) on this. As he has been bounced around to this point and the 25 year is no longer sold by ING. I recommended that he take the plan as is. And yes, his agent should have gone back to ING from the get go.

If his agent is out there I like Starbucks.

Just an FYI.

He did ask if there was a way for me to get the credit ($) on this. As he has been bounced around to this point and the 25 year is no longer sold by ING. I recommended that he take the plan as is. And yes, his agent should have gone back to ING from the get go.

If his agent is out there I like Starbucks.

I suggested he contact you, but I don't like Starbucks.

I like steak. When are you going to open your wallet?

Rick

Back