Hiring a Telemarketer

Great! If you're coming to Tampa Bay

I heard that the Devil Rays are so bad they are changing their sport.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays Change Name, Uniform, Sport

TAMPA BAY, FL—Tampa Bay Devil Rays officials announced Monday that the team will be shortening its name to the "Tampa Bay Rays," that their updated uniforms will feature a blue-and-white color scheme accented by orange rays of sunshine, and that they are now a minor-league hockey team in the Florida Panthers system. "We tried the combination of calling ourselves the Devil Rays, wearing purple-and-black uniforms, and playing the sport of baseball for 10 years, and it just didn't work out," said Rays goalie Carl Crawford, noting that it was time to move the franchise away from its association with the distinctly shaped sea-dwelling mammal, the diabolical connotations of their team nickname, and the practice of hitting and catching baseballs. "These changes will make our team more marketable, triple our fan base, and finally, give us a realistic chance to win. I can't wait to get back on the ice!" The Tampa Bay Rays will play their first game of the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League season tomorrow night against their in-state expansion team rivals, the Miami Ice Dolphins.
terminator.gif

Tampa Bay Devil Rays Change Name, Uniform, Sport | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Rick

this thread makes me want to go to a strip club in Florida......

What? They don't have any in TX?

Paul is right about one thing. TB has (or at least had) some great clubs.

I found a few in Orlando as well back when I traveled to FL on a regular basis. Most were on the "trail" at that time.

You really should try to write some of thier insurance then. We always got free VIP passes to any of thier 3 clubs. My husband was sad when we moved and I lost the account.

The best Telemarketer I had, I hired when he called me at home from another company. I scheduled coffee with him while I had him on the phone. I had very little success with him calling residences so we tried day calling to small commercial clients and had great success. Later he got a full time day job so I am currently hoping another telemarketer calls me at home.

What kind of conversion rate can I reasonable expect from life leads (let's assume exclusive)?

Also, what are the typical policies sold if I hire someone like Gary?

conversion rate can I reasonable expect from life leads

Leads that are client originated or telemarketed?

typical policies sold if I hire someone like Gary

Discussions I have had with him seem to indicate mostly P&C and health. Don't know if he has telemarketed for life but I am sure he can answer that.

What kind of conversion rate can I reasonable expect from life leads (let's assume exclusive)?

Also, what are the typical policies sold if I hire someone like Gary?

I think you are on your own to figure out your conversion rate. I don't know how anyone could tell you what to expect. All I can say is that if anyone starts claiming their life leads have over a 20% conversion rate, don't pay much attention to them. Heck, I doubt anyone has leads that convert anywhere close to 20%.

Life is an interesting sale. It takes a relationship to sell it, more so than a phone call. It also depends what you are selling, when, etc.

Also, probably not much in the form of exclusive in life leads. You go through the presentation, the person will suddenly remember that he heard he can get a $1M of coverage for $10 a month, and will want to shop your rates. Best thing you can hope for really is motivated buyers, such as someone who recently had a life change event that makes them think about life insurance, such as getting married, buying a home, having a child, etc.

Dan

Back