Hitting the smaller business for life apps.

Re: Hitting the smaller business for life aps.

Maybe most of us did not know this was a state farm deal, or at least, I had no idea. I had never worked for them as an agent and was unaware of the life quotas, although I did know they were pushing life quite regularly. Come to think of it, now that you mentioned it, I did see something like this in another thread somewhere. It doesn't matter the company, it is quite possible and probable to write 2 apps a week, that is for sure.

John, I haven't been in Maryland in ages. How did you get a picture of my patrol car?:shocked:

You've been tagged, you can't go anywhere without everyone knowing exactly where you are. Better get a new car!:D

You know AT&T is doing residentual marketing here, they have came to my door three times, I'm sold yet haven't gotten it? Everytime the wife or I request they come back when we are both here, even give them exact times on when to come back and, they agree on the time. They have been a no show everytime! Remember if you promise a prospect something, deliver on the promise and you'll likely get a sale, I guess some call it "Service"?

Others call it keeping your word. Obviously they don't want your business too badly.

B to B works - for selling almost anything. I've done a ton of B to B and did B to B for two other sales industries. I also was a regional manager for a marketing company and had a retail location and you'd be surprised the number of industries that go B to B - I got hit up several times a week by everything from coffee services, advertising, office cleaning security systems, etc...

Verizon just finished laying their fiber optic lines in our community about 2 months ago - offering VIOS now and trying to compete with Comcast. Guess their chosen method of marketing - cold-call residential door to door. We've already had 3 reps come by. Verizon knows door to door kills telemarketing and sending postcard mailers.

105 life apps? That's a no-brainer if you go B to B - basically 2 apps a week. You can absolutely pull 2 life apps a week doing B to B but you simply may have to spend more time in the field then other agents doing health or employee benefits.

One of my friends interviewed for a UHC group health job a couple of years back - base pay, health/dental and 401K. Guess what the job entailed....B to B to get middle-market group business.

Concentrate on what you made for the week. Take a surreal situation and assume you had a job where you want B to B 6 hours a day, every day and got one sale a week that made you $5,000 - and you did that consistently. Good job? You bet.

I went B to B almost exclusively the 1st three months in this biz - wrote $220,000 in health premium in three months. Unfortunately it was with Mega. However at a 20% commish level as an independent is it a bad deal to make $44,000 over three months?

I had agents in my Mega office saying "wow...you walk into businesses all day - dude, there's better ways of doing this." Yeah....and I was turning in $20,000 for the week and they were turning in $8,000.They didn't mean "better" ways - they meant lazier ways.

I'd be interested in getting an idea of what your pitch is as you walk in, and, if you target any specfic stores/strip malls.

I've been doing this sort of thing for the past month, and have only succeeded in gathering a small collection of business cards.

I'm not looking for the "holy grail" of scripts, but would more than welcome any input from those who have more experience in this particular area.

As I noted elsewhere, I have a minimual, and I do mean minimual, "natural market" to work from and am confined to B2B cold calling, which is limited to cold calling on the phone, e.g., "I'm doing business with some people in your area and would like to know if I can drop off some things for you."

It's a door opener phone script at best, but certainly could use some working.

What about walking in off of the street?

Thanks in advance!

Now that this is back on top, I'm sure Mark Rosenthal will have some sage advice on this market.

I'd be interested in getting an idea of what your pitch is as you walk in, and, if you target any specfic stores/strip malls.

I've been doing this sort of thing for the past month, and have only succeeded in gathering a small collection of business cards.

I'm not looking for the "holy grail" of scripts, but would more than welcome any input from those who have more experience in this particular area.

As I noted elsewhere, I have a minimual, and I do mean minimual, "natural market" to work from and am confined to B2B cold calling, which is limited to cold calling on the phone, e.g., "I'm doing business with some people in your area and would like to know if I can drop off some things for you."

It's a door opener phone script at best, but certainly could use some working.

What about walking in off of the street?

Thanks in advance!

When you are talking about strip mall and stores. You are really talking about business owners, or are you talking about the clients that are shopping there?

I think that you need to use the free living will post that I have on the forum. It is a great door opener. It's very easy to start talking to anyone about a free living will. See my other post on the subject for more info.

Make sure if you are cold calling people that you are offering them something good. You sell yourself, not the insurance. At like you are the client. Is what you are saying to them working on you? Would you say yes to what you are asking them to do?

Also you said, you collect business cards. I hope that you are giving out more then you are collecting. I will talk about business cards in another post soon.

What I would like to do to help you, is for you to contact me and allow me to go over some ideas one on one and make you a great sales plan.

Also, you need a game plan, not a script. It is very easy to get off of a script and the clients can tell that your using a script also. A game plan can change.

If you are talking about business owners. They like living benefits more then death benefits. Go for C.I. and D.I.
I think that health insurance is easier to sell to them then life insurance also. But health insurance is not my subject. I'm dumber then dirt when it comes to health insurance. I pass all health clients to the rest of my family including my wife that is an health agent also.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

Back