Home Health Care Only

I have seen some in the past but don't remember who was offering them.

I have looked at some of the policies and I definitely was not impressed with them. They weren't really something I would be comfortable recommending.

Bankers Life & Casualty does. Or at least they used to, haven't run into them too much lately. Of course thats a captive agency.

Thanks!

State Life had them but they have low financial rating. I wouldn't write them.
Continental Life did at one time but I don't know if they still do.

Do any insurance companies sell Home Healthcare only plans?

It varies by state.
I assume you reside in TX.
In TX, Medamerica offers "home healthcare only" policies.

The HHO policies are not always such a great deal, though, because in some cases they might even cost more than a comprehensive policy from another company.

Bankers Life & Casualty does still offer Home Health Care only. Max 5 year benefit. It is a nice plan to supplement comprehensive LTC

Although it is not a HHC only plan, you may want to look at someone like Prudential LTC3 that offers 150% for HHC. It allows you to have a larger benefit for HHC and keep the costs down by selecting a smaller benefit amount for facility care. The 40% cash alternative of the 150% HHC number is a decent amount of cash option too.

Depends of course on what you are trying to accomplish.

Bankers Life & Casualty does still offer Home Health Care only. Max 5 year benefit. It is a nice plan to supplement comprehensive LTC

Except for the rate increases and they will deny your claim...

Do any insurance companies sell Home Healthcare only plans?

Contential Life offers a good one here in PA. It's better then BLC.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Read all the articles about how they don't pay there claims. Not such a good policy when there always top 3 in complaints nationwide.

Last edited:
Contential Life offers a good one here in PA. It's better then BLC.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Read all the articles about how they don't pay there claims. Not such a good policy when there always top 3 in complaints nationwide.

I have never been appointed with BL&C and I don't ever plan on becoming appointed with them because I am an independent agent.

But, BL&C has incurred over $3 billion in LTCi claims.

And, according to the NY Times Article of March, 2007 (which was referencing data collected by the NAIC), BL&C had only 5 complaints for every 10,000 policyholders.

These are facts.

Back