Home Health Care Only

I have never been appointed with BL&C and I don't ever plan on becoming appointed with them because I am an independent agent.

But, BL&C has incurred over $3 billion in LTCi claims.

And, according to the NY Times Article of March, 2007 (which was referencing data collected by the NAIC), BL&C had only 5 complaints for every 10,000 policyholders.

These are facts.

Your facts are old but there was a bunch of articles that year in the New York Times and WSJ about their lack of claims payment.

I just googled it and everything that came up also had them in top 3 of complaints with Conseco and Penn Treaty.

Your facts are old but there was a bunch of articles that year in the New York Times and WSJ about their lack of claims payment.

I just googled it and everything that came up also had them in top 3 of complaints with Conseco and Penn Treaty.

5 complaints for every 10,000 policies puts them in the "top 3"????

Please, share the posts.

They were your stats 5 out of 10,000 not mine (I don't know where you got them from) and I will be glad to post the sites when I get home next week. What's your deal with BLC anyway? Your really going to bat for a B rated company with bad rates.

They were your stats 5 out of 10,000 not mine (I don't know where you got them from) and I will be glad to post the sites when I get home next week. What's your deal with BLC anyway? Your really going to bat for a B rated company with bad rates.

The 5 complaints out of 10,000 policyholders is the figure that the NY Times got from the NAIC when it published that article in March, 2007.

I'm not going to bat for a "B rated company". I'm going to bat for the LTCi industry.

I don't think it's right to knock any particular ins co, especially one that has incurred over $3 billion in LTCi claims. That's a lot of claims.

The 5 complaints out of 10,000 policyholders is the figure that the NY Times got from the NAIC when it published that article in March, 2007.

I'm not going to bat for a "B rated company". I'm going to bat for the LTCi industry.

I don't think it's right to knock any particular ins co, especially one that has incurred over $3 billion in LTCi claims. That's a lot of claims.

So because I assume your a LTC agent there is no bad LTC companies?? Tell me how's Penn Treaty?

Also if a company pays out billions in claims that makes them a solid company? What if they pay out $100 billion in claims but reject or claim they lose the paperwork on over $250 billion in claims they never paid. What if they make it almost impossible for families to get claims paid on loved ones? Still a good company? (The figures are obviously made up. I'm not trying to rip any company but as you said, "These are just facts."

So because I assume your a LTC agent there is no bad LTC companies?? Tell me how's Penn Treaty?

Also if a company pays out billions in claims that makes them a solid company? What if they pay out $100 billion in claims but reject or claim they lose the paperwork on over $250 billion in claims they never paid. What if they make it almost impossible for families to get claims paid on loved ones? Still a good company? (The figures are obviously made up. I'm not trying to rip any company but as you said, "These are just facts."

"The figures are obviously made up."

:nah:

This is public info. This is info that the NAIC compiles.

Are you saying that the NAIC is making up the numbers they've published about Bankers Life's claims figures and Bankers Life's complaints?

Last edited:
I just read the entire article you mention and see no mention that Bankers only has 5 complaints per 10,000 clients.

I could be slow here, but it doesn't mention anything about 5 complaints per 10,000 clients.

It does show that BLC has some of the most complaints though...

I could be slow here, but it doesn't mention anything about 5 complaints per 10,000 clients.

It does show that BLC has some of the most complaints though...

Don't just like at the bar graph, you need to look at the numbers.

.05% means .05 per 100.

.05 divided by 100 equals .0005

.0005 means 5 per 10,000.

(remember: the columns to the right of the decimal place go, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten-thousands, etc...)

The top of the column reads:

Complaints filed as a percentage of policies

The percentage is: .05%.

That means 5 complaints for every 10,000 policyholders.

get it?

Last edited:
Back