Home Office Address

Zach1317

Anyone that works out of a home office, what do you do regarding your mailing address? I guess I'm thinking mainly for the purpose of business cards to show that I'm local. I'm also noticing that some social media sites require an address to be able to create a business fan page.

Thanks!

I would use a PO Box for my mailing address if I worked from home. If the website requires a physical address you don't have much choice.

Some post offices will let you use their physical address. You can also get virtual offices setup for $50-$100/month with Regis or something like that. It might be worth investing in an office, even if it's a shared space.

A business fan page usually isn't going to generate much traffic for you unless you have a long list of friends/family/etc that you can drive to it. If you can't set one up without an address, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

Get a PO Box or the like unless you love getting offers from various businesses across the U.S. for a month or two!

I have found, that if someone really wants to look you up, then they will find my home address. By law, I have to report this address to the DFS right now. So, I just don't fight it.

I plan to get a physical office, after I grow a bit, but I really don't envision someone coming to my home.

And, if they do, I have a complete office separate already that looks professional.

My 2 cents......

Since I went independent I've always listed my home address on my business cards. I've only had one customer drop by in 15 years. I always tell them when I talk to them/write them up, that I have a desk and a filing cabinet at home...my office is in my car. It seems to me that it's reassuring to them to know where I live, even though they know I don't have a walk in office.

Back