• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Hometown Quotes Offer

we were ALL signing up when we got an email saying $125 FREE leads, but of course they werent.....

Curious to how many people took them up on their offer?

Sorry I've been away for a few days as I've had family & other things to attend to.

RBA, folks have signed up & I am quite pleased with the comments from the nice folk that have come our way.

I learned a couple of things while doing this promo.

Next time I do a promo here I'll put:"Buy $100, get $150 FREE" I think that is better than "buy one, get one Free, or 1.5 Free" or "We'll give you $125 in Free Leads...."

If you would read back over the posts, I corrected that real quick & pointed out that I'm not the first advertiser in history to post something incorrectly. But from some comments you would think I was the only company in history to commit such a "sin"...

I think a couple years ago we did give $200 away with no commitment from folks. Made us realize that if one does not have skin in the game, most likely they don't appreciate what they have. Very few stuck around & it was quite costly.

One person proposed that they felt the longer agents were around, the less they used/bought internet leads. That this industry "preyed" on newbie agents. I guess if one swims in a fish bowl that might be their perspective, but that is not my experience.

One of the guys here, a regular poster that I'll leave up to him if he wants to comment. A couple years ago we flew him & 9-10? other agents into Nashville for a meeting for a couple of days. We actually get out in the field & visit you guys but we were wanting to bring some of our "regular" guys in for a couple of days, meet with our staff, our developers & share ideas. One of the Best things we've ever done as a company besides actually visiting agents in their offices. I don't have the "best" memory at 52 years young any more, but I don't think ONE of them was a newbie...But they were sure working a ton of leads.

One Allstate guy there was a 20+ year vet that just retired last year that is considering coming to work for me now he's "retired." He built one heck of an agency with 10+ staff members. He was so busy working our leads he even made the comment he didn't have time to request credit for "bogus" ones. I learned a lot from him & those in attendance that there were many ways to work leads & be successful with them.

+++++++++++++++
Got to run but I would like to put out an Invite for anyone here. I'll be traveling a lot in the next 12 months meeting & visiting with our agents, attending conferences that agents go to, etc. If you'd like me to stop by, share a cup of coffee and/or break bread around breakfast/lunch/dinner, give me a shout via email or phone call. You do NOT have to be a current or former customer. For me it is about learning & sharing. How can HometownQuotes.com do what we do better? What can I/we do to help you grow your agency & make you more money? That is my sincere desire. No "BS" because without you folks we do not have a business.

If you are one of the many multi-tasking agents here that besides selling insurance you are a lead provider/affiliate or ?? I'll be at Affiliate Summit & LeadsCon in NY from August 20-25. OR if you are an Agent anywhere NEAR: 1335 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY, PLEASE let me know. I have 5 other members of my Management team going there with me & we would Love to meet up with you. Please let me know ASAP. You do not have to be going to the conference for me or one of my team to meet up with you. I am Very serious in that we desire to get better at what we do & getting to know you better is the only way I know how to do that.
+++++++++++++
My contact info is right here:

Bob, I drove instead of flying, and yes, you paid me mileage.

While I was not a rookie by any means the direct sales individual health insurance side was a new venture for me. Up until then I spent most of my time on the wholesale side.

It was a great meeting from many respects and that is one of the reasons why I still defend HTQ when appropriate.

OTOH, most of the negative comments are from folks who have been burned by other lead vendors and their comments are justified. I probably tried them all and IMO HTQ was the best and probably still are.

Maybe your filters, etc are different now and perhaps your credit policy has returned to the way it was when I first used HTQ. But paying $15 or so per lead when half contain bogus contact info, another 20 - 30% never answer, return phone messages or simply lie when you do get them doesn't create a favorable ROI for the agent.

10 "leads" = 2 viable prospects that are insurable and have cash is not a great return especially on half commissions.

I generate my own leads and have for the last few years. Don't have the volume but sales work out about the same and I still get about 2 viable prospects out of 10 "leads" but without shelling out $75 per sale.

Buying shared leads can still work if you are really good at what you do but the ROI (for me at least) would shrink from 6:1 when I was buying leads before to maybe 3:1 on a good day.

I can generate enough leads through other means for less than $150 per month which raises my ROI considerably.

If I were to spend $150/mo on leads I would be in the hole very quickly.

Obama won over 50% of the Popular vote! Not bad company, depending on one's political persuasion:1wink:

Boy THAT is a subject that might get one on the Hot Seat here! :goofy:

Personally, I'm voting for the ABBO team.

Update: THIS COMPANY IS ALL LIP AND NO SERVICE.

After complaining about the disrespectful treatment in not answering my calls or not bothering to call back after numerous voicemails left, BOB messaged me on this forum to reach out to him or Ambrosia (i think that was her name" I tried to give Bob a call but got his voicemail so i tried Ambrosia and get the vm however she called me back an hour later. After hearing my valid complaints that over 60% of the leads I was getting were fake or bogus she gave me a dose of the best product that this company serves "LIP SERVICE" she told me that she would thouroughly research the matter and work out a way to change some of the affiliates that I was getting leads from and yadiyadayada, more importantly she told me that she would get back to me with her findings. All this sounded apealing and promising, if not for the fact that I have yet to hear back from her and its been over a month since i spoke to her. Put simply, Their banner add on top of this thread shoul read "our leads stink, but our service is plain foul"

Ill keep you guys posted if they ever decide on getting their act together and actually start beleiving their own LIP SERVICE

Ambrosha Guerarano is her name.

If she or Bob promised something and your request is reasonable, they will do their best to fix it.

Back