Hometown Quotes Offer

Of course those numbers could include 10 zips with heavy traffic and 6 agents get the lead and 20 zips with virtually no traffic and one agent gets the lead.

I won't name the source (I think he's still on the Forum) but he provided great insight after working for a major lead company for quite a while.

I am gonna have to call BS big time, if you only sold a lead less than twice, then you would be going belly up!

If I buy auto leads from you, I only have to beat one agent?
Home, I only have to beat another agent maybe half the time?

I'll take that as you not knowing me. :)

Numbers are legit indeed.

They are nationwide and we can give specifics down the zip code for any agent that calls. I doubt you want that here though...dang that would be a long freaking post.

Let's look at homeowners for example:

Nationwide average - 1.79 times in July.

State - Times Sold - % of Total Volume

CA - 2.38 - 11.3%
OK - 2.25 - 2.2%
WA - 2.51 - 3.1%
FL - 1.41 - 19.1%
LA - 1.17 - 2.9%

Those states drag down the nationwide avg. But it's also insanely cheap to market in those areas on Google and MSN. So we still make a bit. Add on Mississippi, coastal TX, NC, SC, and GA (which average right around LA) and 30%-ish of our volume is sold less than 1.41 times.

I won't share anymore publicly, but that sample gives you a good idea.

They are nationwide and we can give specifics down the zip code for any agent that calls. I doubt you want that here though...dang that would be a long freaking post.

CA - 2.38 - 11.3%
OK - 2.25 - 2.2%
WA - 2.51 - 3.1%
FL - 1.41 - 19.1%
LA - 1.17 - 2.9%

Those states drag down the nationwide avg. But it's also insanely cheap to market in those areas on Google and MSN. So we still make a bit. Add on Mississippi, coastal TX, NC, SC, and GA (which average right around LA) and 30%-ish of our volume is sold less than 1.41 times.

This is wans't the case when I spoke to someone the other day. They had about 4 agents in the areas I checked in Florida.

CA - 2.38 - 11.3%
OK - 2.25 - 2.2%
WA - 2.51 - 3.1%
FL - 1.41 - 19.1%
LA - 1.17 - 2.9%

No, no, no... Please continue...

This is wans't the case when I spoke to someone the other day. They had about 4 agents in the areas I checked in Florida.

There are a few pockets where we have normalcy but also, having 4 agents doesn't mean the average lead is sold 4 times.

For example (this is totally made up but paints the picture):

1 agent filters out homes older than 10 years and mobile homes and caps his leads at 2/day (we get 10/day in his area)
1 agent filters out poor and average credit, homes older than 20 years, mobile homes, anything other than primary residences, attack breed dogs, and applicants with any claims.
2 are with the same company (so only 1 can get the lead) - they both heavily filter as well.

So if we get 10 leads:

3 go unsold because the home is 20+ years old, they have poor or average credit, or its a mobile home, etc.
1 goes unsold b/c the first agent with less filters hit his cap. Otherwise, he would have gotten it.
3 are sold to both agent 1 & 2
2 are sold to agent 2 & 3/4
1 is sold to all of them (3/4 being one agent)

9 times sold for 10 leads = 0.9 times average

Again just an example, but pretty common in coastal areas...heavily filtered and low caps.

I have used many of the lead generation companies, Hometown Quotes included, and in my experience, they all have pros and cons. I say free leads are always worth it.

Back