Hoping to swing my first deal!!!

insurebob said:
Two salesmen are sitting in the office one afternoon, just before the office closed.

One said to the other, "Yeah, I really got a lot of great leads, found out a lot of information about my prospects this week, I'm really excited!"

To which the other rep replied, "Yeah, I didn't sell anything this week, either."

These are the same people who think they're working when they're at Office Depot.

I realize what your saying. Almost ultimately doesn't count, but you have to keep an optimistic, positive attitude about it, right? I'm not looking at it as money in the bank, but I do think it's a high probability that I'll sell something. My manager told me he feels the prospect will purchase a policy too, but said to be prepared for him to lower the amount he wants to commit when it actually comes down to writing the deal.

somarco said:
Watch Glengarry Glen Ross . . . then come back & tell us what you have learned about closing deals.

I watched it many years ago, but don't remember too much. I'll have to see if it's on DVD these days.

NHB_MMA said:
He initially said he would be comfortable with a figure around $200 per month, but then suggested he might go to $300-$400 and pay for it through his LLC.

Hey, are there any tax advantages for that? I know there may be some for health as the deductions for health have increased over the years, but I am very new to life insurance.

Life insurance premiums (with some very small, technical exceptions) are not tax deductible. The reason is that the death benefit is tax-free to the beneficiary. If you're going to be serious with life insurance, do yourself a favor and start the CLU classes Your company will probably even pay for it. Invaluable sales aid.

Got an e-mail saying he would meet me tomorrow but wanted to take his future planning in a different direction. He is probably gravitating towards mutual funds, and I'm not securities licensed yet.

I'll try to sell him on the idea of a smaller whole life policy and a heavy dose of term because he does have assets he needs to protect. And then when I have my Series 6 in a couple months we'll do some more aggressive retirement planning. It's all about what he wants and feels comfortable with. 8)

moonlightandmargaritas said:
Life insurance premiums (with some very small, technical exceptions) are not tax deductible. The reason is that the death benefit is tax-free to the beneficiary. If you're going to be serious with life insurance, do yourself a favor and start the CLU classes Your company will probably even pay for it. Invaluable sales aid.

I didn't think it would be tax-deductible. I do need to do the CLU and anything else I can to educate myself. I feel some inadequate and ignorant, I hardly want to talk to anyone about insurance, but as the sign says in my NYL office "Get the info, then run for help".

NHB_MMA said:
Got an e-mail saying he would meet me tomorrow but wanted to take his future planning in a different direction. He is probably gravitating towards mutual funds, and I'm not securities licensed yet.

I'll try to sell him on the idea of a smaller whole life policy and a heavy dose of term because he does have assets he needs to protect. And then when I have my Series 6 in a couple months we'll do some more aggressive retirement planning. It's all about what he wants and feels comfortable with. 8)

the curse is on..........

Don't sell him what you are licensed for, sell him what best suit his needs. If this means getting him involved with someone who is Securities Licensed, then so be it. You will still be the point man, and it will solidify your relationship with him.

That's what I like about being independent. Even when I get others involved with my clients/prospects, I'm still the "go to" guy. Win-win-win situation.

Salesman, no matter what profession, are always seen as selling what they want, rather than what the clients need.

My two cents worth.

Back