Hot Medicare News

Not sure if a MedSupp exception would be available if over 6 months of backdating and no timely notice.

I guess it's OK that SSA is so magnanimously agreeing to backdate A & B coverage, but what about MAPD, PDP and Medigap? Will carriers be allowed to backdate coverage and pick up claims?

Seems like a huge, never-ending SNAFU

I guess it's OK that SSA is so magnanimously agreeing to backdate A & B coverage, but what about MAPD, PDP and Medigap? Will carriers be allowed to backdate coverage and pick up claims?

Seems like a huge, never-ending SNAFU

Preface: I totally see your point.

Up side, SSA is going back to more in-person services. So, that should alleviate some issues. They're also temporary hiring retirees back to handle with overflow.

I mean, despite what people think here.. The COVID pandemic wasn't "just the flu" and disrupted a lot of services. Even here in MI, where deaths were higher, they just started relaxing in office safety protocols.

Relief, in theory, is coming. It just takes time get under control when the system is already overextended.

I misspoke about backdating. Apologies. My new client who was approved for 7/1/21 and didn't receive the notice until October from Social Security had applied earlier and called for status numerous times before 7/1/21. I was not aware of the issue until well after 7/1/21. The 7/1/21 start date was correct and I hard to say what caused the delay. I am now aware of a couple of carriers who can check on Medicare eligibility which helps if someone applied online pretty close to their birth month and needs to start the policy 1st of that month. Usually if it's a clean online app, 10 days/2 weeks it can be looked up.

This is good, and I am suggesting my clients sign up online. They call the local office who tells them they need an appointment, often well past the date the client's 1st date of eligibility, if they waited past 3 months out from month eligible.
Anyone have feedback from clients using their mySocialSecurity account to add Part B, which is suggested as an option in the link above.

That is the way to go by setting up an account and enrolling online. I have been helping most of my clients with the process. As long as they have an email address and are able to access it in your office you can do it in 15 minutes. One guy had his number and good to go within 10 days. We called 1-800-Medicare just to check and he was enrolled already. Not all are going that fast and even the ones already drawing SS are not getting their card 3 months ahead of effective date like they used to.
I’ll vouch online enrollment. I just signed myself up on April 1st for a July 1 start date. I enrolled through “my Social Security” account. Pain free. Got the letter the following week, and got my card in the mail last Saturday.

I’ll vouch online enrollment. I just signed myself up on April 1st for a July 1 start date. I enrolled through “my Social Security” account. Pain free. Got the letter the following week, and got my card in the mail last Saturday.
Yep, I just helped my sister sign up online and she had her card in about 2 weeks.

Preface: I totally see your point.

Up side, SSA is going back to more in-person services. So, that should alleviate some issues. They're also temporary hiring retirees back to handle with overflow.

I mean, despite what people think here.. The COVID pandemic wasn't "just the flu" and disrupted a lot of services. Even here in MI, where deaths were higher, they just started relaxing in office safety protocols.

Relief, in theory, is coming. It just takes time get under control when the system is already overextended.

Though I thing all these that people say about they think its jus a cold or whatever is a gross mischaracterization

Yes there is an odd one here or there that may say that

but most just realize the masks and restriction don't work and even prolong it

Most of all the vax really turned out to be a joke did absolute nothing and has adverse health effects too, I know I have adverse health effects from it and still got covid 2 times after the shot and one time before

Vrs my father who leaves near me since the virus and had covid 2 times and had NO shot he also had less Sevier symptoms the 2nd time him and his wife both withough the shot

I thinks its real and can be serious its just all the rest is BS

but most just realize the masks and restriction don't work and even prolong it

Most of all the vax really turned out to be a joke did absolute nothing and has adverse health effects too, I know I have adverse health effects from it and still got covid 2 times after the shot and one time before

Sorry, none of this is true.

Vaccinations were NEVER supposed to stop you from getting COVID. The flu vaccinations don't STOP you from getting the flu.

It gives you the antibodies to fight the flu more efficiently, thus reducing the severity of symptoms. Furthermore, you get flu vaccines every year.

Same deal.

Vic, and this is not meant as disrespect, anyone that tries to sell you that vaccinations were supposed to stop you from getting COVID is lying to you, either intentionally or because they believe a narrative that is false.

ALL medical treatment, or even illness, has the possibility of severe complications. The likelihood in developing these issues, especially permanent ones, is quite low.

We do know that COVID has a higher risk for severe illness and death than your flu or cold.

Secondly, masks ARE effective in reducing transmission TO OTHER PEOPLE. They aren't nearly as effective in STOPING YOU FROM GETTING COVID. Considering COVID has an asymptomatic gestation period of up to 14 days, YOU can give people COVID without knowing YOU have it.

Vrs my father who leaves near me since the virus and had covid 2 times and had NO shot he also had less Sevier symptoms the 2nd time him and his wife both withough the shot

I'm glad your dad didn't have severe symptoms either time. The second time is literally the effect we would expect. Antibodies reduce likelihood of severity. All the vaccine is meant to do is mimic getting COVID the first time (in a much milder form, like the flu shot) to train your body to fight it efficiently if you get COVID.

The science is the science. If you don't want to get vaccinated, don't. But it's important that you realize what the vaccine is, and is not. I'll repeat.. ANYONE that's sells you vaccines are ineffective are either lying to you or don't take the time to understand the science because it doesn't fit their narrative.

I don't really wear a mask in public anymore (the last time I was on an airplane was a real pain in the ass.) Doesn't mean they don't help reduce transmission, just not nearly as much in stopping transmission TO YOU if you wear it.

We've all spent the last two years arguing about COVID and efficacy of transmission reducing precautions. It makes sense that it's been pretty intense, because the situation was pretty intense for awhile.

We can disagree on the trade-offs, for sure. We can disagree if it's for you or not. Disagreeing on what the mitigating precautions are, and are not, is pretty dangerous for public discourse; because it's framing the debate around a falsehood and people make medical decisions and precautions based on a lie.

Last edited:
Sorry, none of this is true.

Vaccinations were NEVER supposed to stop you from getting COVID. The flu vaccinations don't STOP you from getting the flu.

It gives you the antibodies to fight the flu more efficiently, thus reducing the severity of symptoms. Furthermore, you get flu vaccines every year.

Same deal.

Vic, and this is not meant as disrespect, anyone that tries to sell you that vaccinations were supposed to stop you from getting COVID is lying to you, either intentionally or because they believe a narrative that is false.

ALL medical treatment, or even illness, has the possibility of severe complications. The likelihood in developing these issues, especially permanent ones, is quite low.

We do know that COVID has a higher risk for severe illness and death than your flu or cold.

Secondly, masks ARE effective in reducing transmission TO OTHER PEOPLE. They aren't nearly as effective in STOPING YOU FROM GETTING COVID. Considering COVID has an asymptomatic gestation period of up to 14 days, YOU can give people COVID without knowing YOU have it.

I'm glad your dad didn't have severe symptoms either time. The second time is literally the effect we would expect. Antibodies reduce likelihood of severity. All the vaccine is meant to do is mimic getting COVID the first time (in a much milder form, like the flu shot) to train your body to fight it efficiently if you get COVID.

The science is the science. If you don't want to get vaccinated, don't. But it's important that you realize what the vaccine is, and is not. I'll repeat.. ANYONE that's sells you vaccines are ineffective are either lying to you or don't take the time to understand the science because it doesn't fit their narrative.

I don't really wear a mask in public anymore (the last time I was on an airplane was a real pain in the ass.) Doesn't mean they don't help reduce transmission, just not transmission TO YOU if you wear it.

Again hier risk then flue or cold I agree

What I said was it didn't help me get any more then previously getting it judging by the way I had it and others who did not get vaccine and the dozens of article from people hospitalized nearly died and said that God i had the vaccine otherwise I might have died Really?? idd not keep them out of hospital

Seems almost everyone who gets it a second time has lesser symptoms whereas people who had vaccine and got it first time still can end up in the hosp and even die

Remember the famous obituary woman's family she died the obituary read she took all the precautions fully vaxed and blamed unvaxed for killing her if everyone was vaxed she would not have died

The virus still raged at heavily vaxed area as it did elsewhere

There is literally 0 evidence of its effectiveness while there are clearly health concerned especially for those with heart issues like me

I honestly took it when they started making list of people who did not take it

I am sorry I did my heart function has def been effected by it, and immediately

As far as masks Whet It first happened they said the science showed only N95 mask is at all effective then when there was a shortage for medical professionals they wiped that away and changed the science for the agenda as they often do

Now there are plenty of studies that show all the regs did not help even some libs acknowledged that

idd not keep them out of hospital

Individual cases, maybe, as a community it absolutely did reduce hospitalizations. Again, that premise is a falsehood.

Remember the famous obituary woman's family she died the obituary read she took all the precautions fully vaxed and blamed unvaxed for killing her if everyone was vaxed she would not have died

People ALWAYS look for reasons. It doesn't mean that the science supports what they believe. Yes, there's a risk with EVERYTHING. You have to decide, objectively, if the tradeoff works for you and your family, or not.

How many people died that weren't vaccinated and wish they had been when they went on the vent?

The virus still raged at heavily vaxed area as it did elsewhere

There is literally 0 evidence of its effectiveness while there are clearly health concerned especially for those with heart issues like me

You're still missing the point of vaccines. There's no reason for me to keep repeating it.

The second part is just a lie. I don't think you're willfully lying, but you honestly believe a falsehood.. which is sad, because you're making health decision based on a false belief.

As far as masks Whet It first happened they said the science showed only N95 mask is at all effective then when there was a shortage for medical professionals they wiped that away and changed the science for the agenda as they often do

Again, transmission to others is not the same as transmission to you. Cloth masks are effective in reduction of transmission to others, not so much TO YOU.

If your goal is to reduce transmissions, not necessarily stopping a specific person from getting COVID, they are effective.

Now there are plenty of studies that show all the regs did not help even some libs acknowledged that

It depends on your definition of help. Of your definition is to STOP transmission, you're right... lockdowns were pointless.

If your argument is to reduce overtaxing a medical system that is already overextended, you are wrong.

It's important to KNOW the actual purpose of things, and not what people THINK are the purpose of things..

I'm really trying not to be dismissive of what you're saying, but it's not based on science or actual infectious disease protocol. That's dangerous, because you're making a MEDICAL stance based off of a POLITICAL narrative.

Individual cases, maybe, as a community it absolutely did reduce hospitalizations. Again, that premise is a falsehood.

People ALWAYS look for reasons. It doesn't mean that the science supports what they believe. Yes, there's a risk with EVERYTHING. You have to decide, objectively, if the tradeoff works for you and your family, or not.

How many people died that weren't vaccinated and wish they had been when they went on the vent?

You're still missing the point of vaccines. There's no reason for me to keep repeating it.

The second part is just a lie. I don't think you're willfully lying, but you honestly believe a falsehood.. which is sad, because you're making health decision based on a false belief.

Again, transmission to others is not the same as transmission to you. Cloth masks are effective in reduction of transmission to others, not so much TO YOU.

If your goal is to reduce transmissions, not necessarily stopping a specific person from getting COVID, they are effective.

It depends on your definition of help. Of your definition is to STOP transmission, you're right... lockdowns were pointless.

If your argument is to reduce overtaxing a medical system that is already overextended, you are wrong.

It's important to KNOW the actual purpose of things, and not what people THINK are the purpose of things..

I'm really trying not to be dismissive of what you're saying, but it's not based on science or actual infectious disease protocol. That's dangerous, because you're making a MEDICAL stance based off of a POLITICAL narrative.

Its difficult to argue that out when you believe in what's being told over what the people experience

If the science say only N95 work one day and them says any masks works the next and the people show it does not

You say it works because Science

its could be raining out if they say its sunny you say its sunny because science

so we will agree to disagree

Science is always disproving previous science,

science is also dependent on grant money that often comes with political ties to it

Also there is often opposite science that dies not get as much attention because political and money, I have seen a LOT of that in dealing with diet and foods

Last edited:
Back