Hot Medicare News

Write yourself a Plan G and you'll get 20-23%of your premium back each month. No networks/copays to worry about.

If you have a MA more than 12 months, you'll have to be underwritten to be able to switch to a Med Supp.

On the cheapest PDP(Aetna), only Tier 1 drugs avoid the deductible. For an extra $5 a month, Wellcare avoids the deductible on Tiers 1 and 2.

You might be in good health now, but that can change at any time.

Good point on the PDP, That Wellcare is a good plan for $12 much more cov than the silver script more pharmacies and not another plan as good for someone who is not taking a lot of expensive meds

Another good point on the commission offsetting the cost as well

I would also say plan N can be a good option as well, He does not go to the doc often it sounds like often $20 to $30 less on premium and often higher commission too

Honestly, I have never really had a client pay an excess charge

Also TX most companies give HH discounts even with only one person applying

I’ve never written a plan n . If the comp is 20% on a plan G what’s the comp on highG and plan N?

Write yourself a Plan G and you'll get 20-23%of your premium back each month. No networks/copays to worry about.

If you have a MA more than 12 months, you'll have to be underwritten to be able to switch to a Med Supp.

On the cheapest PDP(Aetna), only Tier 1 drugs avoid the deductible. For an extra $5 a month, Wellcare avoids the deductible on Tiers 1 and 2.

You might be in good health now, but that can change at any time.
Thanks. Yours and @rousemark ’s health experience have me definitely leaning away from MA. I’m probably that guy that you all know that seems healthy as a racehorse until he gets older, then completely falls apart! So I’d do better to get into the plan that will take care of me if and when that happens, vs the plan that has somebody giving thumbs up or down on my medical care decisions.

Good info on WellCare PDP, too. I’ll see if that’s available here. I put my wife into a Cigna PDP. She doesn’t take any really expensive prescription meds, except one that nobody covers because we get it from a compounding pharmacy. The main reason I say it’s worthless is they won’t approve a 30 day supply on her pain meds, even though she’s been taking them for many years. So we just pay out of pocket using GoodRX. A couple of her others are always cheaper from GoodRX, too. So we’ll never, ever meet the deductible at this rate. Since Cigna jacked their price up to almost double what they were 2 years ago, I keep finding myself thinking, “Why am I paying for this?” Maybe I’ll switch her to WellCare, too, next OE.

Good point on the PDP, That Wellcare is a good plan for $12 much more cov than the silver script more pharmacies and not another plan as good for someone who is not taking a lot of expensive meds

Another good point on the commission offsetting the cost as well

I would also say plan N can be a good option as well, He does not go to the doc often it sounds like often $20 to $30 less on premium and often higher commission too

Honestly, I have never really had a client pay an excess charge

Also TX most companies give HH discounts even with only one person applying
Thanks. I’ll probably write myself into the same company that my wife’s with to get the HH discount. Interesting thought on plan N. I was just looking at that. Worth considering instead of the HDG (which that particular company doesn’t offer, anyway).

Thanks. I’ll probably write myself into the same company that my wife’s with to get the HH discount. Interesting thought on plan N. I was just looking at that. Worth considering instead of the HDG (which that particular company doesn’t offer, anyway).
Make sure they give your wife the discount too.

I’m still debating on which way to go. I’m generally my own agent for all things life or health. If I decide to go Medicare Advantage, I might get another agent to write it so I don’t have to mess with AHIP. But I wrote my wife a plan G when she turned 65 a couple years ago, and it’s been great! (The part D on the other hand is practically worthless.) I’ll probably do the same.

The only reason I’m debating (a little) is because I don’t have serious health issues like she does, so I don’t expect to need a guaranteed issue like she did. So I could try an Advantage plan and save a few bucks for a year or two and see how I like it.

I’m leaning heavily toward plan G, but I might look into a HDG plan. The only prescription med I take costs around $12, so I’ll get the absolute cheapest PDP just to avoid future penalties.
Goillini would get upset with me if I told you to get the HDG plan!
(So, I'm whispering here, I'll just tell you I have the HDF plan. :laugh::laugh:)

(@DS4 and @goillini52 have nice stories about how they sold HDF plans and then the customers complained about how it didn't pay anything. So if you sell that HDG plan, be sure to explain it carefully to your client and then don't take any guff if the client complains to you about how it didn't pay when you went to the doctor. :laugh::laugh:)

Goillini would get upset with me if I told you to get the HDG plan!
(So, I'm whispering here, I'll just tell you I have the HDF plan. :laugh::laugh:)

(@DS4 and @goillini52 have nice stories about how they sold HDF plans and then the customers complained about how it didn't pay anything. So if you sell that HDG plan, be sure to explain it carefully to your client and then don't take any guff if the client complains to you about how it didn't pay when you went to the doctor. :laugh::laugh:)
I've never sold an HD plan, and won't unless somebody tells me that's what they're buying and nothing else. Hasn't happened yet, but there's a 1st time for everything. :laugh:

I've never sold an HD plan, and won't unless somebody tells me that's what they're buying and nothing else. Hasn't happened yet, but there's a 1st time for everything. :laugh:
Ok, I guess I'm remembering wrong. I thought you and ds4 swapped stories about your first HDF sales in a thread sometime back.

I was using an IMO’s quoting tool. Most quotes said they were attained age rated, but a couple said they were community based rated. I didn’t come across any community based when I was writing my wife (or I just didn’t notice). They’re a little higher priced, but my understanding is since the community based rates don’t raise with age, they might be less expensive than the attained age rates in the future. I’m sure that’s true in theory, but what experience have y’all had with those?

Back