Hot Medicare News

I'm not entirely sure if I understand her posts correctly, but my interpretation of @kgmom219's posts is that she goes with two different price options when she does her medigap presentations. You can take the low priced route if you want, as long as you don't yell at me later when the price goes up. Or you can do BCBS now, with a higher price but a better chance at a more stable rate. However, that plan took a beating this year because she posted about some good sized rate increases with BCBS and was asking for some agent help on info with another carrier, I think UHC.

I don't even offer this option. I explain to people why I don't offer the "lowest" and "newest" plans. My personal criteria matter (it's why I'm an advisor vs a salesperson, and that's not a dig at her... just a personal thought process) I prefer people to go with AARP, because my commission is flat for as long as they have the plan. However, CSO and AARP usually battle it out in my market (based on my criteria) and are within a few dollars of each other.

MAPD in MI is usually Priority, PDP is either Wellcare or Silverscript NORMALLY. You might need 6 carriers to really offer a full Medicare suite of options. Less is almost always more.

I don't even offer this option. I explain to people why I don't offer the "lowest" and "newest" plans. My personal criteria matter (it's why I'm an advisor vs a salesperson, and that's not a dig at her... just a personal thought process) I prefer people to go with AARP, because my commission is flat for as long as they have the plan. However, CSO and AARP usually battle it out in my market (based on my criteria) and are within a few dollars of each other.

MAPD in MI is usually Priority, PDP is either Wellcare or Silverscript NORMALLY. You might need 6 carriers to really offer a full Medicare suite of options. Less is almost always more.

Thant was my thought when I sold more MI did a lot of UHC plan N and they are still competitive Have clients over 6 years cant move not enough savings

some of kgmom's posts suggest Texans may be a bit more sales resistant to the AARP Insurance Company than your folks up there in the north woods. I think it was something about Communists.

some of kgmom's posts suggest Texans may be a bit more sales resistant to the AARP Insurance Company than your folks up there in the north woods. I think it was something about Communists.

My point wasn't specifically about AARP. It was that I don't offer the option to do the "unstable company" because I'm an advisor, not a salesperson. My criteria matter. The comment about AARP is because they fit my criteria here AND I prefer them because I get lifelong fyc, not just 3 years, not that she should sell them.

G or HDG is my suggestion.

Wife and I both healthy . . . no med's for me, wife started BP med a few months ago . . . neither of us have used our drug plan . . . cash/GoodRx cheaper for what we have now.

IMO Part D can be worth it if you are taking expensive drugs, especially brand with no generic alternative. Some of the diabetic meds (insulin is crazy expensive), asthma/COPD med like Trelegy very expensive $300+ (I think Trelegy is over $500 now).

Some of the PDP have insulin for $30 or so vs $200+ . . . Trelegy for $60. I have a few clients on Trelegy and I think they have a $70 premium plan. The insulin plans are around $40.

Some states have better "deals" on N . . . haven't found that to be true in GA, so I quote G and if they want something cheaper, HDG.

Wife has G, I have HDF (bought before it was discontinued, no regrets), still priced lower than HDG.

Stay away from community rated plans . . . that is a snake pit.
Actually Trelegy si getting up to around $750 for 30 days. I am glad I have my Cigna PDP. I pay $57 per month for it but I only have to pay $42 for my Trelegy.

Back