How commonly do agents lie on apps?

Anytime a salesman is involved, and thats what they are... a salesman with an insurance license you're gonna have 80% lying bastages and 20% honest ones.. it's the nature of the beast.

By the way.. wanna get bent over? Buy your car from AutoWay.. that place is chalked full of the worst lying POS's walking this planet

That nitrogen air you bought for $100? BS.. they just put a green cap on.. I know a guy that quit Autoway for misleading customers

Car salemen will undercut their own mother to make a sale
Lying Bastages? Can you spell? I have been in sales since I was 16. A 'lying bastage" as you call it would have to move every 5 years as the "pissed off bastages" would wring your neck. You still local?

I have run into 4 policies this month where information was left off the application. Example: 68 year old man laying on the couch as I spoke with his wife. She took out a policy 2 months prior. I reviewed it...He smokes...it was not listed on the app. He has parkinsons...not listed...he has copd...not listed.... This agent is a &%@. Aside from that....the policy has a "Fraud Clause" which makes me wonder if it can be contested beyond the "2 yr" clause. Anyone know about the restraints of the fraud clause?

In Florida it's a felony to falsify an app. There's a chance the app will be reviewed when the person dies. See if the client wants to take that risk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lying Bastages? Can you spell? I have been in sales since I was 16. A 'lying bastage" as you call it would have to move every 5 years as the "pissed off bastages" would wring your neck. You still local?

I was in the car business for many years, all the way up to GM and dealer consultant. Car salesman are one notch above ins agents.

Last edited:
maybe the insurance men who were formally. car salesman/GM/consults. i used to be in the auto transport business, a car salesman will make you laugh , so he can reach in and pull the gold out of your mouth!

I ran across a doozy today.

A former LH agent in KY that is apparently going back to all his old clients and flipping their policies into a new company. He flipped a 6 year old LH policy 3 months ago into a now one which I guess he would have been fine because he saved them $4 monthly but he did one huge omission.

He lied on the replacement question. He told the new company that the applicant did not own any other life insurance even though he knew they had an LH that he was the agent on and he approached them about canceling once he got them approved with his new company.

The insured died of heart problems 2 months after the new policy was written. The agent's lack of honesty on the replacement caused the new policy to be contestable. In Kentucky if he would have filled out the replacement form, the policy would have been non-contestable.

I hope his E&O is paid up.

sometimes it's not the agent that lies, it's the client. I had a lady tell me she 65 and still in her open enrollment period so I enrolled her into a med supp on a GI basis. A couple years down the road, the homeoffice called me and said they found out she was not 65, but under 65 and on medicare disability. They gave me a very hard time and acted like I knew this....the only thing that saved me was I told them she replaced a Banker's Life Med supp policy with the plan that I wrote her, when they confronted her with this info she broke down and admitted she lied to the Bankers Agent and to me. I think you can run into dishonesty anywhere whether it's the client or the agent....or the politician, or the carsalesman, etc. etc.

you enrolled her using GI? kind of unnecessary if she was under OE. She could have gotten any plan during the 6 mths before and after her 65th bday. of course the fact that she lies does change things a little.

sometimes it's not the agent that lies, it's the client. I had a lady tell me she 65 and still in her open enrollment period so I enrolled her into a med supp on a GI basis. A couple years down the road, the homeoffice called me and said they found out she was not 65, but under 65 and on medicare disability. They gave me a very hard time and acted like I knew this....the only thing that saved me was I told them she replaced a Banker's Life Med supp policy with the plan that I wrote her, when they confronted her with this info she broke down and admitted she lied to the Bankers Agent and to me. I think you can run into dishonesty anywhere whether it's the client or the agent....or the politician, or the carsalesman, etc. etc.

that's what I meant, she was still in her guarantee issue period due to open enrollment. Usually I write alot of business through the mail, but this particular lady came into my office and I wrote her a plan.

"I need to see your drivers license so I can get your name spelled properly.":skeptical:

Back