How commonly do agents lie on apps?

As a general rule, salespeople are charasmatic, personable, and persuasive individuals. They are not usually honest or "by the book" people. That would be the underwriting department.

As a general rule, salespeople are charasmatic, personable, and persuasive individuals. They are not usually honest or "by the book" people. That would be the underwriting department.

I can promise you I am more boring and less charismatic than the average agent and brutally honest. I don't lie or mislead and I would never sign or initial for anybody.

Maybe I was meant to be an underwriter.

I can promise you I am more boring and less charismatic than the average agent and brutally honest. I don't lie or mislead and I would never sign or initial for anybody.

Maybe I was meant to be an underwriter.

I think that would be a good career move for you. In between purusing your case file could you find time to answer the email I sent you this evening?:1smile:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning anyone's integrity on here. However, I worked for a debit company for several years that shall remain nameless, and I saw agents do things that make fudging a signature seem like child's play. I'm not endorsing this kind of behaivor by any means, but I do not believe that most agents are angels.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning anyone's integrity on here. However, I worked for a debit company for several years that shall remain nameless, and I saw agents do things that make fudging a signature seem like child's play. I'm not endorsing this kind of behaivor by any means, but I do not believe that most agents are angels.

Signing or initialing someone else's signature is forgery pure and simple. Any agent who is caught doing that should lose their license for life, pay huge fines, and possibly serve jail time.

I can't see it any other way. I don't believe most agents would ever consider it. The few that would are crooks and give all of us a black eye.

Signing or initialing someone else's signature is forgery pure and simple. Any agent who is caught doing that should lose their license for life, pay huge fines, and possibly serve jail time.

I can't see it any other way. I don't believe most agents would ever consider it. The few that would are crooks and give all of us a black eye.

I agree. It's too easy to scan and e-mail it to them to intial. Do we really need our comission 2 days earlier?

As I said, I do not condone forgery or any kind of illegal behaivor. However, with many of these captive companies, middle management bullies and threatens their agents about weekly production to the point that many agents compromise their moral beliefs, and then when the sh*t hits the fan, the responsibility is on the agent. I saw it for several years, which is why I am now independent, happier, and anyone hounding me about my weekly production can kiss my a**!

I don't even consider those people "agents". They fall under the category of "bottom feeders". Nothing disgusts me more.

I knew an agent that would sell a FE policy and tell the prospect it was a Med Supp. His manager knew what he was doing and didn't call him on it because he needed the production.

What a worm, all wet and slimy.

Is it really worth putting ones insurance license at risk to make a couple of bucks in commission?

I lie about age on life apps on a daily basis. Especially when they are over 95. I usually fill in that they are in their late teens. Cheaper premium = better service!

EDIT: I am only replying with sarcasm to subscribe. Yes, I know there is a subscribe button, but humor is excellent!

On a lighter note, I love when people ask me if I can change their deductible, then call back and file the claim they mentioned to me in the last call, like I wouldn't remember them.

Back