How do I get better Customers?

I'll give you $1000 if you can replace a KSKJ I wrote using those tactics.

That kind of BS'ing to clients just does not work. All the agents here do that. One replaced a KSKJ by trashing KSKJ. Took her KSKJ and threw it in the trash. Told her to not answer the phone if I called. Not let me in the door if I came by and wrote her coverage for $20/mo.

KSKJ emailed me that she had called in. I pulled over and called her. She answered on the very first ring, "I'm so glad you called, I think I screwed up here. How do we fix it?"

We got his cancelled. The KSKJ pit back on draft and he not only got a chargeback, he got a DOI complaint.

KSKJ is living rent free in your head. As am I. This poster is in Ga. KSKJ is not in Ga. I didn't mention KSKJ to the poster.

You are just having another KSKJ/JD nightmare. I know it consumes you but it's getting kinda creepy.

And in the case of paying more and the inflation talk, OK, lets increase your coverage with the best priced company. And if I need to I'll pull up that agent at the DOI and show the person what companies that agent has. Look here Mrs Prospect, that DonP guy didn't even put you with the best priced company he has. Wonder why he didn't?

Jd I’ve laid waste to many an agent . I didn’t trash KsKJ. There a small company is all I said which is true . It wouldn’t matter it were kskj , am am or Baltimore life . If I can help the client it’s gone . And you do the same thing as witnessed by your 50% replacement ratio . My good friend is one of the top fe/mapd agents in the country. He’s on no boards and wants to stay that way . He made 4 company trips in in 1 yr . He’ll be in Fl in may on the kskj trip . He was bitching how kskj wanted $200 for a luggage fee as they won’t pay ?Matter of fact he showed Me the kskj leaders from nov1 to March end . You were #6 with $49 k and Frumpton #1 at $68 k . Nice job !!

Jd I’ve laid waste to many an agent . I didn’t trash KsKJ. There a small company is all I said which is true . It wouldn’t matter it were kskj , am am or Baltimore life . If I can help the client it’s gone . And you do the same thing as witnessed by your 50% replacement ratio . My good friend is one of the top fe/mapd agents in the country. He’s on no boards and wants to stay that way . He made 4 company trips in in 1 yr . He’ll be in Fl in may on the kskj trip . He was bitching how kskj wanted $200 for a luggage fee as they won’t pay ?Matter of fact he showed Me the kskj leaders from nov1 to March end . You were #6 with $49 k and Frumpton #1 at $68 k . Nice job !!

I don't know about the luggage fee. They haven't mentioned that to me. I wouldn't like that. I'm CEO level so we get upgraded flights and I guess they take care of the luggage fee? Or I'm going to get the same notice. I haven't yet.

Last leaderboard I saw I was number 10. But qualified for Puerto Rico next year already.

Great note . So true . We deal with generally low income people . Many have had a tough life . There easy to manipulate and change there minds . It is what it is as life hawk says . We can only control what we can . Ive had 3 replacements on me in the last 10 yrs I know about ( got the forms ) 2 are in the last 3 yrs with a super low cost carrier I sold .Somebody got in their head . I can replace kskj easily . A great salesman can replace anything . Your paying $53 for $10 k with kskj . The same $10 k is $62 with moo . “ Mrs Johnson have you seen the price of stuff today . It’s going up every day . That $10 k isn’t enough . I can get get $13 k for $72 . Who’s kskj ? I show them the little home office . I bet you used to watch wild kingdom 35 yrs ago ? You know who Mutual of Omaha is ? Oh yes she says . Wouldn’t you sleep better at night knowing your daughter is safe with moo ? You get more coverage for a little more with this giant company .

Mrs Johnson that agent you got Jd is going to call you and see what happened . Or he might knock on your door . I don’t want you to talk to him . If you do happen to answer the phone hang up . If he knocks on your door don’t answer it . If you do just say not interested and shut the door . This if for your daughter . He’ll try everything he can to get you to keep it . Shut the door . I’ll be here when your daughter needs me with that great big go moo behind us making sure she’s paid .. The above happens to all of us .
Don, I really hate to say this but the agent that would use this sales pitch can not be called anything other than sleazy. :sad:

In the case you laid out, you didn't help the client. If you had left the KSKJ in place and added additional courage to cover inflation, that would have been helping.

Rouse I never said I use that pitch . But agents have used to replace me and did it . I said if I can give the client more coverage for less I’ll do it depending on their health . Do they have a 10 year old policy with $3 k plus we’re they need the cash . . Is a new smaller policy combined with a paid up policy going to give them more coverage . So many things to look at . If there better off were there at and want no additional I walk . I don’t need the business . Of course I want but 100 policys I don’t get won’t change my life .

I’ve been in FE insurance for almost 2yrs. I don’t have a problem making sales but I seem make bad clients that don’t make payments or are always trying to find a different insurance to replace mine. They sometimes don’t make their first payment and when I call or go by they sometimes say they found someone else or they changed their mind because they can’t afford it.

What can or should I do?

So, I'm 100% commercial p&c, so my experience may be helpful, or it may not. Over 11 years or so, the single strongest indicator of the quality of my clients is to how I obtained them. If it's from another quality agent, they are usually great clients. If it was from a lead or cold call (back when I used to do that) they are often crap clients. If they are a referral from a bad client, they are often bad clients. If they are a referral from a good client, then they are usually a good client.

Back