How do you advertise your website?

Take a company like Ehealth with millions at their disposal. You think they'd be paying per click if they could figure out a way to get listed on the 1st page for free?

www.customeraq.com

Looks like a pretty innovative way to qualify potential buyers and have them contact you.

But, at $12,000 UPFRONT, as well as $7.25 per client referred (not to mention the $10,000 annual renewal fee) it seems pretty risky.

I couldn't stop laughing after the sales rep pitched me the "low cost of $11,999!"

Don't get me wrong--its sounds like an interesting idea. However, and I don't think I'm alone here, I'm not willing to front THOUSANDS of dollars for ANYTHING, let alone an insurance marketing gimmick.

The problem with this type of thing is YOU have all the risk, they have none. To me, the hype stops when they aren't willing to put their pocketbook up.

In this case, you can buy internet leads for $8 each, why pay them $12K upfront and then pay the lead as well? The arguement would be that the internet leads are shared, but, then, nothing on the internet is 'exclusive'. Nobody stops when they visit one site, unless they got the answer they want.

Yes, internet leads are lousy, but, in the end, if you work them, you'll make money. If you don't work them, you won't. Same with these referred leads.

Dan

Hi Bob the insurance guy: I liked your response. It is what I do also. A lot of the big guys will tell you to start local and always use manners! A thank you goes a long way today. I have gotten some very good clients after they have turned me down the first time but got a thank you for your time card in the mail, they changed their minds!

I don't advertise my website, I let it advertise me. The guys who handle my site at Morepolicies.com handle all the details for me. I don't know anything about computers etc. but I do know that if you search for an insurance agent in Lincoln Nebraska I am really hard to miss. Good luck! :yes:
</IMG>

Sounds like you have a good computer guru. :) I also post on quite a few forums and Myspace has sent me quite a lot of business, along with Stumbleupon. :GEEK:

So, back to getting links to your site and moving up in the rankings. How do you get solid good links to your page? My site has been up for a few months, and is in google if you search smedleyinsurancegroup or Smedley Insurance Group, but not if you search affordable health insurance. I'm fine with that if it will someday progress... But how do I help it. I've never had any SEO work done...

I don't advertise my website, I let it advertise me. The guys who handle my site at Morepolicies.com handle all the details for me. I don't know anything about computers etc. but I do know that if you search for an insurance agent in Lincoln Nebraska I am really hard to miss. Good luck! :yes:
</IMG>

I know nothing about this topic,(wish I did) but when I do Yahoo search for "insurance agent in Lincoln Nebraska" you are on the 3rd page.

On google I didn't see you in the top five pages.

I would help you if I could.

</IMG>

Seo is always the best way to go if you know how to do it

Or someone who does ...

Thx for resurrecting a thread from over a year ago. Don't suppose it is self serving.

Back