How do you find prospects with money?

Ghost

Expert
I know this is "a numbers business" but I feel stuck, just selling policies with small premiums, basically selling term policies.

How do you find the clients who can start an IUL and put in a good chunk of money? The ones who will make you thousands of dollars per appointment? I always knew when I started that this business does pay well, but I never had the fortune to close anything big.

Any advice is welcome. I've sat down with CPA's, some of them even became my clients, same thing with people in different businesses but it still wound up being something small and I can't seem to get any referrals from them even though they have a gold mine in their files.

Thank you for your time.

I know this is "a numbers business" but I feel stuck, just selling policies with small premiums, basically selling term policies.

How do you find the clients who can start an IUL and put in a good chunk of money? The ones who will make you thousands of dollars per appointment? I always knew when I started that this business does pay well, but I never had the fortune to close anything big.

Any advice is welcome. I've sat down with CPA's, some of them even became my clients, same thing with people in different businesses but it still wound up being something small and I can't seem to get any referrals from them even though they have a gold mine in their files.

Thank you for your time.

If you know how to market effectively, they will find you, not the other way around.

You need to train yourself to think like they do. Why would they WANT to buy life insurance, and why should they buy from you?

@DHK and @Tahoe Ray are very good at helping folks who have the need and $$. They also know how to attract new clients without chasing them down.

If you know how to market effectively, they will find you, not the other way around.

You need to train yourself to think like they do. Why would they WANT to buy life insurance, and why should they buy from you?

@DHK and @Tahoe Ray are very good at helping folks who have the need and $$. They also know how to attract new clients without chasing them down.

Thanks, do you have any books you can recommend?

Thanks, do you have any books you can recommend?

Here are a couple.

Amazon product ASIN 1989025013
Amazon product ASIN 0321965515
This book started me in a new marketing direction and changed my "selling" style. It made me realize I needed to do what I had been doing most of my career . . . ask questions and provide ANSWERS instead of using a canned sales speech.

Amazon product ASIN 1402287526
Anything by Seth Godin and Jeffrey Gitomer will help you train your mind to think like a consumer.

Here are a couple.

Amazon product ASIN 1989025013
Amazon product ASIN 0321965515
This book started me in a new marketing direction and changed my "selling" style. It made me realize I needed to do what I had been doing most of my career . . . ask questions and provide ANSWERS instead of using a canned sales speech.

Amazon product ASIN 1402287526
Anything by Seth Godin and Jeffrey Gitomer will help you train your mind to think like a consumer.

I just bought the Marketing Plan book

I just bought the Marketing Plan book

It helps to read it.

Even better when you implement the strategies.

David (@DHK ) has "help" groups (he probably calls them something else, perhaps therapy sessions) for agents who want to learn and upgrade their market. I don't sell life insurance but I have read enough of his posts to know he is a fountain of knowledge.

Thank you, I always tell myself "somebody is doing business with the afluent, why not me?"

Reactions: DHK
Thank you, I always tell myself "somebody is doing business with the afluent, why not me?"

I'm part of The Breakaway League with Tom Love. Tomorrow... Bryan Bloom, CPA (author of Confessions of a CPA series mentioned previously) will have a complimentary 30-minute webinar talking about qualified retirement plans.

https://www.thebreakawayleague.com/meetamentor

Our average case size as a group is $58,000 per year premium. We have found that the words we use is critical in how we engage with others.

Check out our webinar tomorrow.

Also, Tom Love is doing "The Real Talk at the Table" every other Wednesday. Next Wednesday, March 17th, you can get on a Zoom call with him and ask him anything. Why is he doing this? Back 20-30-40 years ago, top MDRT members used to "hold court" and help agents by answering their questions. He is Top of the Table and a 2x MDRT platform speaker. This is his way of giving back.

https://www.thebreakawayleague.com/real-talk

Back