How Do You Make It...???

Good number crunching. Very helpful! Thanks all!

For those who gave "constructive" input...i greatly appreciate it.

Karma rules...and it will come back to you ten-fold....

thanks very much!

JT

Want Real Advice? Join A Captive Company! This Is Exactly The Point I've Made Several Times. Can Jerry Tibbs Sell Is The Question. Who Knows?

You Need To Learn Products, -learn The Business Without Relying On This Board. Becoming An Independent Takes Guidance And Time. Starting Captive Will Give You A Rounded Sense Of How Everything Works. Then You Can Troubleshoot On The Side To Experiment With Leads, Etc. Later, When You're Up To Snuff, Go Independent.

Don't Listen To These Numbnuts With Their Asshat Calculations, They All Were Captive Or Trained In Some Way In The Beginning...and For God's Sake Don't Join Any "independent" Associations!

Best Of Luck To You!

Want Real Advice? Join A Captive Company! This Is Exactly The Point I've Made Several Times. Can Jerry Tibbs Sell Is The Question. Who Knows?

You Need To Learn Products, -learn The Business Without Relying On This Board. Becoming An Independent Takes Guidance And Time. Starting Captive Will Give You A Rounded Sense Of How Everything Works. Then You Can Troubleshoot On The Side To Experiment With Leads, Etc. Later, When You're Up To Snuff, Go Independent.

Don't Listen To These Numbnuts With Their Asshat Calculations, They All Were Captive Or Trained In Some Way In The Beginning...and For God's Sake Don't Join Any "independent" Associations!

Best Of Luck To You!

Um, this may differ in other states but probably not much. OP wants to sell HEALTH INSURANCE in the individual & family market. Not sure how things work in Florida, but in California there are NO CAPTIVE HEALTH INSURANCE AGENCIES OR CARRIERS. You must be independently contracted with health carriers for IFP business. Do you guys have like Blue Cross general agencies there in FLA that are part of the carrier field force that provide captive contracts? I bet not!

Some of us "numbnuts with our asshat calculations" learned to sell OTHER types of products under captive contracts which truthfully has virtually nothing to do with selling health insurance--a demand product.

I taught myself how to sell health insurance and I write 3-4 apps per day every business day without buying leads, telemarketing, or any other marketing except my web site (which costs me time since I built and maintain it and like $6 a month in hosting).

Last edited:
Writing (and placing) 17 policies on 100 internet leads is something I would not write into a business plan for a rookie.

True, but then, I wouldn't write it into a business plan for an experienced agent either.

The numbers are harsh on the front few months (year or 2), but they work out much better as you go.

Dan

Back