How Important Is The Domain Name?

sti dont send the guy on the wrong track lol

backlinks don't cost money......backlink programs do........there are several out there....so do you do it by hand or set a program with auto response to blogs with a link......that is the question....on my insurance blog I get anywhere from 10 to 20 comments a day that are auto posted on my site......sooooo....we strip out all links and approve because new content to your site rules,,,,,no matter what they post.......learned that from this site.....hahahahahaha

this one is at the top of the spam blog posts.....129 Responses
http://www.texastermbroker.com/unca...-insurance-salesman-texas-life-insurance.html

Last edited:
The domain name is very important. - Having your company name, or part of what your users would be searching for included is important.

My domain name is very long but it makes sense. I also have my name as a web site to use in the future.

The domain name is extremely important. It'll help increase the websites ranking when it matches the search terms the user is using to find you, as long as the content matches too.

Domain name has been greatly deprecated as a ranking factor over the last year of google updates. It is not nearly as important as before, however no way to know if they'll change it back.

Domain name has been greatly deprecated as a ranking factor over the last year of google updates. It is not nearly as important as before, however no way to know if they'll change it back.

This is what I was thinking as well. I think they change things around, not necessarily drastically, to keep everyone on their toes so to speak. What was once old is somewhat new again type idea. Last thing they want IMO is you website guys getting too comfortable. Plus it's people's (workers) job these days to change things around, it keeps them employed. It also keeps a certain "conversation buzz" going around within the industry. It also seems like "change" and "technology" go hand in hand.

Too many reasons to keep changing things up VS. the amount of reasons to keep them the same. It's in their best interest to change it up IMO but then again I am clueless about most of this website stuff.

Last edited:
Domains are important. The age of your domain is important as well not just whether it's yourcityinsurance.com. Also since the release of Google Panda and Google Farmer less emphasis is placed on domains. I still think .com or .net are the only way to go as far as extensions. If you can find your exact keyword phrase in .com or .net that's usually best but don't jump ship on a worthy existing domain with clout for a catchy domain.

short domain name? Who cares? What you ideally want if you want to simply rank is an EMD, or exact match domain. Example, I set up a domain recently to market a niche insurance product as a sideline. I've put almost no effort in it and it's already almost on the first page. Once I get to position 1 which I will within 3 months most likely, it's worth safely $30k a year possibly 60k. It's a rare find, but if you find a good niche and the keyword is available as a domain, GET IT!

In picking/finding/choosing a domain name, how important is the name?

So far I have determined:

1) Using an existing one that has been around is better because it has history yet you have to find one for sale ect. ect.

2)It should be short as possible.

3) It should end with .com

MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS: does it make a difference for searching (SEO) if it says "davesinsuranceplans.com" VS. "Floridainsuranceplans.com"

ALSO does anyone know a good place to get a premium wordpress theme? If so, can anyone recommend a theme?

I'm Googling "premium wordpress themes" and there is so much info and I don't understand any of it. Someone is going to help me with my site but I have to 1) find a theme 2) pick a domain 3) and get a hosting account for it

Here are a couple of sites I think I like:

1) O'Quinn Insurance Agency Blog - Just another WordPress site

I can't seem to locate #2 :goofy:

Well I actually like Todd's website too!! Where can I get this theme?

Life Insurance Marketing | Life Insurance Agent Contract
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Domains are important. The age of your domain is important as well not just whether it's yourcityinsurance.com. Also since the release of Google Panda and Google Farmer less emphasis is placed on domains. I still think .com or .net are the only way to go as far as extensions. If you can find your exact keyword phrase in .com or .net that's usually best but don't jump ship on a worthy existing domain with clout for a catchy domain.

Not true, Matt Cutts clearly stated that .net and .com are not given preferential treatment over .ws, .info, and ,org. This misnomer is fantastic for me as I have snatched some sweet .ws domains recently that are EMD's

Last edited:
Back