Were the Doom and Gloomers right?

• Busiest AEP ever, plans are blowing up!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Yawn, just another AEP. boring!

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I have reviewed 30 my of UHC clients so far and only 3 are making a switch due to dental.

Their network is strong, their plans have been relatively consistent compared to other carriers. We have also had one carrier drop out of MA entirely and a couple of others that dropped a major provider or two mid year last year, so that is helping UHC. So far so good, definitely going to be using more UHC PDP than I expected or ever have before, hopefully that doesn't turn into a pita.

The utilization rates were pretty low on the comprehensive dental, so my guess is that the average person likes the idea of having dental coverage more than actually using it.

Caveat, not an agent.

This is my idle curiosity kicking in.

If a person had a UHC MAPD with a dental benefit, the dental benefit goes away, and the person then buys a standalone UHC DVH, will UHC waive the restorative/major services waiting period on the standalone plan?

Thanks.

UHC DVH has no waiting period on anything other than 12 month for implants on DVH 3000

UHC DVH has no waiting period on anything other than 12 month for implants on DVH 3000
Yes. Ok. Thank you.

Now that you say that, Chazm has told me that twice already and I can't remember it.

At some point I need to check with an agent and see if that one is cheaper than the one I have.

It's a bit busier than other years but I'm not getting blown up with phone calls. I have gotten 4 or 5 referrals already, and it's not even the 15th yet, so I'll call this season a win based on that.. I usually get referrals all throughout aep, but not that many so quickly, usually the rush is toward the end of aep with referrals.

Annoyed about Vandy dropping Blue Cross because that's a lot of clients who'd have stayed otherwise.

Back