How long does a release take?

Someone please explain why the deletion of the post as spam?
Apologies for violating any TOS, clearly we are new here.

If you don't want the honest advice from one of the largest FMOs in the nation, cool, we'll stay on other platforms that want free advice. We've been asked to contribute here, and gave a very honest opinion. If you think that agents are never collateral damage, you live in a very small bubble. This is a toxic topic that FMOs won't talk about. We give and get releases everyday and there is a lot of politics involved between FMOs.

The part about releases was not the spammy part. IMHO

If you don't want the honest advice from one of the largest FMOs in the nation, cool, we'll stay on other platforms that want free advice. We've been asked to contribute here, and gave a very honest opinion. If you think that agents are never collateral damage, you live in a very small bubble. This is a toxic topic that FMOs won't talk about. We give and get releases everyday and there is a lot of politics involved between FMOs.

She is being transparent, don't roast her. Or do we only want people here that echo what we already believe?

In my opinion, most FMO's release within a timely manner. There is one, which I will not name that doesn't release at all. The reason they do that is because they are small, and instead of growing and improving their business model they do hold the agents hostage. Most of the FMO's have friendly relationships and will release agents. I can see what an FMO is thinking especially when an agent asks for a release in let's say September. The FMO has spent time and money on contracting an agent, guiding them through certifications, and product training. The agent asks for a release after getting all of that for free! The FMO loses money that way. The FMO is just making a simple business decision. If only the agent asked for a release after AEP, then the FMO would most likely release them.

Last edited:
I'm not talking theoretically. In practice there are many LARGE FMOS that will not release at all. They don't have to and you can't push them to do it. Chris W. notoriously posted a Youtube video 5 years ago that said "XYZ won't release me" and instantly got into a legal battle he could not afford to pursue and wouldn't have won. He was forced to take the video down and stop disparaging that FMO.
he largest FMO in the nation got to be the biggest in part because they will never let an agent leave. Many agents can't afford to go inactive for 6 months, so they stay with that FMO for their whole career.

In my opinion, most FMO's release within a timely manner. There is one, which I will not name that doesn't release at all. The reason they do that is because they are small, and instead of growing and improving their business model they do hold the agents hostage. Most of the FMO's have friendly relationships and will release agents. I can see what an FMO is thinking especially when an agent asks for a release in let's say September. The FMO has spent time and money on contracting an agent, guiding them through certifications, and product training. The agent asks for a release after getting all of that for free! The FMO loses money that way. The FMO is just making a simple business decision. If only the agent asked for a release after AEP, then the FMO would most likely release them.

It should not make a difference what kind of money an FMO spent on contracting, guidance, and training they have given, they should release. The only matters that should be concerning the IMO is if there is a debt or not and WHY the agent wants to leave. Other than that, these IMO/FMOs need to stop thinking they own another person. That is just flawed thinking and greedy to say the least.

And as far as Chris Westfall calling out Amerilife for not releasing him.....more power to him! In my eyes he did the right thing to an organization that thinks they own the world (at least half of Amerilife is that way). Would he have won that in court? I doubt it. Seems like money is what pays for the judges decisions with corporations these days. Was he right in doing it when they wouldn't release him? You're damned skippy he was!

If I ever ask for a release and don't get it just on the basis on an upline not wanting to, you'll be seeing me post it here, there, and everywhere! Sue me? Go for it!

If you can't tell, this is a subject that gets me riled up everytime!

The part about releases was not the spammy part. IMHO

I'd agree with that.

You have less than 100 posts and you're drudging up topics as far as 2010. On top of that, you're pitching Gordon pretty regularly.

It's sketchy to me that two members with minimal postings are the ones piping up for you.

Read the forum rules. Inject value, put pitches of your org in the right place or let people that have a good history here shill for you.

I pitch Todd and Jeff Root on the regs, but you don't see them doing it themselves or finding posts from almost 10 years ago to plug their org.

I'm not talking theoretically. In practice there are many LARGE FMOS that will not release at all. They don't have to and you can't push them to do it. Chris W. notoriously posted a Youtube video 5 years ago that said "XYZ won't release me" and instantly got into a legal battle he could not afford to pursue and wouldn't have won. He was forced to take the video down and stop disparaging that FMO.
he largest FMO in the nation got to be the biggest in part because they will never let an agent leave. Many agents can't afford to go inactive for 6 months, so they stay with that FMO for their whole career.
Your post sounded and looked like recruiting...an offer. Technically you're not supposed to "spam" until you have 100 posts.

I remember that. CW came on here crying because he couldn't get a release from Amerilife...then later in that thread the lying hypocrite openly refused to give Ben Boman a release on CUL. IMG's the largest FMO now.

This post is a perfect example of why an agent shouldn't put all of his/her eggs in one basket.

P.S. Love your vides, especially the one where your dad sells you a term policy. It's about time for a new dancing video. :yes:

It should not make a difference what kind of money an FMO spent on contracting, guidance, and training they have given, they should release. The only matters that should be concerning the IMO is if there is a debt or not and WHY the agent wants to leave. Other than that, these IMO/FMOs need to stop thinking they own another person. That is just flawed thinking and greedy to say the least.

And as far as Chris Westfall calling out Amerilife for not releasing him.....more power to him! In my eyes he did the right thing to an organization that thinks they own the world (at least half of Amerilife is that way). Would he have won that in court? I doubt it. Seems like money is what pays for the judges decisions with corporations these days. Was he right in doing it when they wouldn't release him? You're damned skippy he was!

If I ever ask for a release and don't get it just on the basis on an upline not wanting to, you'll be seeing me post it here, there, and everywhere! Sue me? Go for it!

If you can't tell, this is a subject that gets me riled up everytime!
Todd, if I wanted to out the agent and the FMO, I would have. Furthermore, if you have invested $30k in an agent, and he wants to leave, you are not going to release him. No FMO will. We had a guy who needed $4k for a new sign then wanted a release, we asked him to repay the money. He wouldn't. He got no release. This is always a case by case basis and the details do matter.

Todd, if I wanted to out the agent and the FMO, I would have. Furthermore, if you have invested $30k in an agent, and he wants to leave, you are not going to release him. No FMO will. We had a guy who needed $4k for a new sign then wanted a release, we asked him to repay the money. He wouldn't. He got no release. This is always a case by case basis and the details do matter.

Why in God's name would a guy go to his IMO for a 4k sign?

Furthermore, why did he ask for the release? If you guys were so giving to him?

The IMO's only job (for me) is to give me the best contract available.

Back