How long does a release take?

Why in God's name would a guy go to his IMO for a 4k sign?

Furthermore, why did he ask for the release? If you guys were so giving to him?

The IMO's only job (for me) is to give me the best contract available.
FMOs invest heavily in larger producing agencies. He wanted a release because another FMO offered to fund his monthly seminars for a total of $60K a year. Contract levels are mostly standardized by the carrier. You should be able to earn the same contract level regardless of the FMO.

Todd, if I wanted to out the agent and the FMO, I would have. Furthermore, if you have invested $30k in an agent, and he wants to leave, you are not going to release him. No FMO will. We had a guy who needed $4k for a new sign then wanted a release, we asked him to repay the money. He wouldn't. He got no release. This is always a case by case basis and the details do matter.

No, we would have released because we would have never invested $30K on that. We would have never invested $4K into someone else's sign either.

So, since you didn't release the either of the agents, have you gotten your investment back out of them?

Someone please explain why the deletion of the post as spam?
Apologies for violating any TOS, clearly we are new here.

If you don't want the honest advice from one of the largest FMOs in the nation, cool, we'll stay on other platforms that want free advice. We've been asked to contribute here, and gave a very honest opinion. If you think that agents are never collateral damage, you live in a very small bubble. This is a toxic topic that FMOs won't talk about. We give and get releases everyday and there is a lot of politics involved between FMOs.
Not living in a bubble.. I kno3w agents get caught up in the politics and feuds between FMOs but that doesn't make it right.. Especially if an FMO advertises themselves as an "agent oriented company"... And just because others do it that way, does that mean you are obligated to do so? Remember what your Momma always said about others "jumping off the bridge"...

Back