How Long Does It Take to Truly Make a Profit at FE?

If it's not broke don't fix it.

Jim Sowder
Family 1st Insurance Brokerage
304-640-8914
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

That's good advice and I have no intention of changing what I'm doing. I'm not looking for a new deal from anyone. I know there are other ways to skin a cat, but, they didn't work for me.

I'm just giving my opinion on this board with any ulterior motive. I don't/won't recruit and have interest in starting. I have learned much from members that post here, if someone can learn from my trial and errors, then that's a good thing.

I use my own script, (similiar to this, but not exactly...have to keep some trade secrets), I now have the upper hand!

Hello Laura,

My name is______ and I'm with______burial insurance. Did you know that the alarming rise in funeral costs have reached as high as $15,000?
All this week we are delivering brochures and giving quotes to folks in ____________(town).
Which day would be best for you, we can stop by either morning or afternoon?
etc.,etc, etc.

My other script, which is much better than the above can generate more leads than I need..I could offer a couple of guys 15 pre-set, partially qualified, fresh appointments a week. PM if interested.

Its the only way to fly for me now. $$$$$$

I like your script. Simple and to the point. If you speak to enough people, someone is going to say yes sooner or later. What is your other script that you say is better?

Like anything else, it's important to understand the numbers behind your business. Only YOU will know what your specific numbers are. Knowing your costs, understanding when and how often you get paid, (including renewals) will keep you from drifting out of reality.
In the FE business, you need to calculate for charge-backs. Check with your marketing company about the overall cancellation and lapse rate until you can calculate your own through experience.

Be a good insurance agent! Best tip I can give you: OWN A FE POLICY. Have it in your briefcase, and show it to them.

One last word of advice. ALWAYS have a back-up plan, meaning contracts through another marketing company and another lead source. You are in the honeymoon period, in this business, it always pays to be thinking a step or two ahead. Nothing ever stays the same. Don't get caught without the ability to walk-away and continue as an independent agent.

Leads make or break you. Dialer and Mailer leads breaked me ! :idea:But then, I got this hairbrained idea of creating my own leads by phone and setting pre-set appointments for FE.
I actually got to get in some doors for a change, and made 2 sales in the first 5 leads! :biggrin: Because they are fresh and hot, and I use my own script, (similiar to this, but not exactly...have to keep some trade secrets), I now have the upper hand!

Hello Laura,

My name is______ and I'm with______burial insurance. Did you know that the alarming rise in funeral costs have reached as high as $15,000?
All this week we are delivering brochures and giving quotes to folks in ____________(town).
Which day would be best for you, we can stop by either morning or afternoon?
etc.,etc, etc.

My other script, which is much better than the above can generate more leads than I need..I could offer a couple of guys 15 pre-set, partially qualified, fresh appointments a week. PM if interested.

Its the only way to fly for me now. $$$$$$

that is a good script, would like to know your other script as well.

Good ideas here for once . . .

If you are paying $23 or $24 for a lead - then you are paying the average price IF it's qualified . . .

If it's just a lead - then it's too much.

Nice script. Quick and Easy. Who does the dialing ?

Tom

LOL - like you don't?

What a piece of work you are Ricky.

God Bless Ya . . .

Tom
Tommie, you are simply a leech. You've been in and out of a number of schemes in the past 2 years and the only loser are the agents you work with.

My "job" is to make certain that as many agents as possible know about you. You are in for Tom and only for Tom. You are the worst of this industry.

If there is a god, you are so screwed.

Rick

Back