How Much Notice Did You Give?

Hello,

I've decided to go independent for FE insurance and have filled out paperwork with FEXContracting already. I currently am working with AIL and am thinking about putting in my notice. Should I wait until I get the actual okay with FEX or should should I just give them my two weeks? Did most of you give two weeks like you would normally at regular job when leaving an agency?

Hello,

I've decided to go independent for FE insurance and have filled out paperwork with FEXContracting already. I currently am working with AIL and am thinking about putting in my notice. Should I wait until I get the actual okay with FEX or should should I just give them my two weeks? Did most of you give two weeks like you would normally at regular job when leaving an agency?

My last "captive" agency changed the contract again. I said I could not sign it and he said OK I would like your key please. We worked out a deal in about ten minutes and they helped me carry my stuff to the car. So notice was about two seconds.

That is what I recommend you give them. I would not intentually burn any bridges. However you will most likely become persona non grata two seconds after you tell them you are leaving. Your new upline should have told you this :1laugh:

Here is were some will disagree. Copy everything pertaining to the business you wrote. While the book is theirs and you probably will not need the copies. If they pull some kind of shady stuff then you can go back in and do what you need to do. IMHO

The answer to your question. Get the FEX guys to get you started and do not look back. They know what they are doing. I understand one is an FE guy and the other is a dabbler. :1confused:

I would recommend quitting on the day you receive your last commission payment. Until then... you don't know what may happen.

This industry is about producing. And as soon as you're going to stop producing for your employer, you aren't working for your employer. No reason to stay.

This is NOT a 'traditional job'. Finish working your current leads and quit ASAP.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that if you did give a two week notice they would just show you the door right then and there.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that if you did give a two week notice they would just show you the door right then and there.

Shawn is right. The office manager will show you the door and grab all your clients. Once you give notice you will not see another dollar unless you are vested. I would not give them any notice whatsoever. I would not mention that I was going to work independently at all.

Last edited:
Back